1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TMPGEnc Encoding Problems (avi - mpg - VCD)

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by reddev, Dec 9, 2003.

1. reddev

reddev Guest

Hi All, I have downloaded and ripped a few movies to date, all of which I have been pleased with, but I am now hitting a few snags.

Some films that I have downloaded in .AVI format will not convert to MPG files. I use TMPGEnc as normal and start the process, the encoding process starts as normal and shows a small image of the movies being encoded, however at certain points (always the same points in each of the films) the image stops and stays there while the audio carry's on, end result being I have a freeze frame with the sound running alone as normal?.

This only seems to happen in certain files, (all AVI to MPG), does anyone know why?, how I can get around it? or any other free encoding software that's easy enough for a rookie to use?

Thanks in advance for all help offered.

Red Devil
    Ps. I have checked through the forums, but because I am new too all this and because I am not 100% sure WHAT it is I am looking for I have drawn a blank, so any answers would be greatly appreciated.

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

What you are experienceing are Frozen Frames which are caused by a Corrupt index in the AVI file, this is Common with Downloaded movies...
    You can try to use a Tool like "DivFiX" to strip the index out of the File and then use it to rebuild the Index and then use that File to Encode in Tmpgenca and it should then work, But realize some files can be so corrupted that they can not be encoded to Mpeg....Cheers

PS: you can Find "DivFiX" if you do a Google search..