1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TMPGEnc error when encoding MPEG2

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by armygreen, Dec 29, 2004.

1. armygreen

armygreen Member

I've been following the guide that's on the main page about converting AVI to MPEG2 for DVD-R, and for the most part everything's been working well, but when I try to convert to MPEG2 with TMPGEnc, I'll get an hour or two into the encoding process, and then it'll stop and give me an error that says "Write error occurred at address 11E271C4 of module 'P3Package.dll' with 00000003." It's happened on several different videos, and not at the same place in the encoding process. I'm running TMPGEnc Plus v2.512, encoding at Idle priority. The only other software that I have running that I think could possibly be causing a problem is eMule. I'm also thinking it could have something to do with my CPU being overclocked. If no one recognizes this as a common problem, then I'll turn my FSB down a couple of MHz.

2. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

check out your TMPGEnc problems with this thread:http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/40101

3. armygreen

armygreen Member

Thanks. I just looked in there actually, and I didn't see my problem specifically, but there were a couple that were similar. Both said to bump up the priority of the DirectShow filter in the Environment settings. I just did that, and I just started encoding. We'll see if it works. Thanks.

4. armygreen

armygreen Member

3:10 into encoding at 16%. Farthest I've gotten so far with anything. Seems like it's working now. Sweet. :) If only I could make it go faster.... Are there any other programs that do MPEG2 encoding with good results? I already found 'AVI MPEG RM WMV Joiner' to join my AVI files instead of VirtualDub(Mod) that just kept givng me problems. The Joiner was faster too. I still use VDubMod to demux AC3 though. Somebody needs to come up with software that you just insert AVI(s) and have it spit out an ISO or BIN/CUE with plenty of authoring options.

5. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

MainConcepts encoder does mpeg2's, and at almost real time,but the price tag is higher at 149 dollars(usd):http://www.mainconcept.com/products.shtml

For joining mpegs I use dvtool,it works great for me and its free.

6. armygreen

armygreen Member

TMPGEnc is still crapping out on me mid encoding. I'm going to try the demo for the mainconcept encoder. Thanks for the link.

7. armygreen

armygreen Member

WOW. Mainconcept encoder rocks. 2h:15m, 2-pass encode for a 1h:48m video. Very nice. It did quit on me a few times at first, but I dropped my processor speed down a bit, eased up on my FSB settings, and bumped up the priority for the encoder in the task manager, and it worked great. Thanks again for the link!!

8. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

Whatever works for you LOL
    Im glad you got your problems figured out,and since you seem to know your way around a computer.When you have the time,come back, and lend some of your knowledge, to others in here.We can always use someone with your know how.
    blaze on
    jim

9. armygreen

armygreen Member

Computer? yes. Video encoding/decoding/converting/muxing/etc... I'm still learning... The stuff I did to my computer was because I have an overclocked machine that isn't as stable as a normal home users PC except the priority setting. That's just something you can do when you have other things running, but you still want a certain program to well... have priority, over the others. If you know the name of the process(es) that the application you're using (usually the .exe that the shortcut points to) you can go into the task manager, click the processes tab, right click on the appropriate process, and select from the list. Some programs (quite a few for video editing etc. I've noticed actually) have options for priority settings built right into the menus or are in a dropdown box right on the status screen when it's doing it's thing.