1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TMPGEnc error

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by DustyCat, Jul 4, 2003.

1. DustyCat

DustyCat Member

Ever since I installed PowerDVD 5 my TMPGEnc won't work, usually it says there is an error in "claud.ax" and has to close, sometimes it comes up but when I try to do anything then the error message appears.
    I'm trying to convert SVCD into VCD but can't if TMPGEnc won't open! Any ideas what I could do?

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

You need to completely uninstall all dvd software and go to www.ligos.com and download theligos filters. Try then and let me know what happens!

3. DustyCat

DustyCat Member

Exactly where on the ligos website would I find these filters? The only thing on the site I saw was something that was either a demo or cost money. I was hoping to fix my problem for free! LOL, where exactly am I supposed to go on the ligos site to get these filters?

4. Dela

Well you'll have to search around the site a bit for it mate, because i have never actually had to go looking but another method u could try is this

Find the following files somewhere to download through google or something : clvsd.ax claud.ax. Put them in the system32 folder in your windows directory. Then click start run and use the following commands to register them both!

regsvr /s "c:\windows\system32\clvsd.ax"
    regsvr /s "c:\windows\system32\claud.ax"

Then try!

5. DustyCat

DustyCat Member

What exactly am I supposed to put in the RUN space? I tried putting all and parts of what you wrote but it kept saying "Cannot find regsvr" and things like that.

6. Dela

hmm

try

regsvr32 /s "c:\windows\system32\clvsd.ax"
    regsvr32 /s "c:\windows\system32\claud.ax"

7. DustyCat

DustyCat Member

Ok, the last things worked when I typed them into run, but I didn't get an error message in fact I didn't get anything, the RUN box just disappeared, but I didn't get any notification if, indeed the files had been registered. Does that mean they were? The run box just goes away no messages come up?

8. Dela

Ye see the program used was an ms-dos program so it would just flick on and flick off basically!, but ye they should have been registered!!

9. DustyCat

DustyCat Member

Nope, problem still exists. See, it all started when I installed PowerDVD 5...I think it's because the two programs (may?) share the claud.ax file, but whenever I click on tmpgenc, I get the following error message: "TMPGEnc.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." And every single time, the problem is in the file CLAUD.AX. Any other ideas?

10. DustyCat

DustyCat Member

Ah, I've found a very annoying fix to my problem. If I go into the PowerDVD5 shared folder, delete claud.ax (not completely but just leave it in the recycle bin), then try to use TMPGenc it opens fine and is fine. Then when I'm done I go to the recycle bin and restore claud.ax (since my PowerDVD5 won't play anything without it I noticed). This is an annoying fix to the problem and I'm hoping someone will have an easier one!

11. Dela

Ah just a little damn conflict!! Both must have been registered and TMPGEnc probably just got confused when it had 2 to choose from. Kinda funny actually lol!

12. DustyCat

DustyCat Member

Yeah it's a regular riot. Only my question is, does anyone have any ideas on how to alleviate myself of this issue? I mean, to go into the PowerDVD5's shared folder and delete that stupid "claud.ax" file every time I need to use TMPGEnc and then restore it when I'm done is a little bit excessive and a lotta bit annoying!

13. Dela

I know that would annoy me too but there really isnt much you can do about it, try windvd instead of PowerDVD, IMO, it is better!