1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

tmpgenc help

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by damnitall, Sep 16, 2002.

1. damnitall

damnitall Member

i cant open alot of my movie files with tmpgenc it say that the file cant be opened or file is unsuported. they are files that i have gotten form a p2p program and i would think that alot of people would be having the same problem. but i cant seem to find any questions that i can relate to. i just want to convert my avis to vcd. it seems that the only files that wont work are avis with a mpeg43 codec. all other avis seem to covert. i can watch the files with divix player and windows media player. but i cant convert them to vcd. PLEASE some one give me a clue.

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

There is a reason for this problem. To keep file sizes to a minimum, people often compress the audio. You need to uncompress it so it can be read by TMPGEnc.

For this, you need VirtualDub. Go to the following to download
    http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/video_tools/virtualdub.cfm

Open virtualdub. Click file - open video file - and select your movie. When it loads, click video and make sure direct stream copy is selected. Click audio and make sure "full processing mode" is selected. Click audio again - compression - select no compression and click ok.

Now click file - save avi. The output will be readable by TMPGEnc.

3. damnitall

damnitall Member

actually all i had to do was change the priority on the direct show multimedia file reader to 2 but thanks anyway

4. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

lol no prop mate