1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TMPGenc low resolution only?

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by triggahap, Mar 8, 2005.

1. triggahap

triggahap Guest

I have been tryin to get xidv format files to DVD, and i am using the newbie guide on this website.

http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/convert_avi_to_dvd.cfm

It doesnt say how to (just say it for peeps that know wta they r doing) the "low resolution" option or "16:9" but i can only use low resolution to get the file down to below 4.7GB to fit on a DVD disc. Only problem wiv this of course is that most of my files have a higher resolution than this option supports. Since TMPGenc codec is all about quality, any advice on how i can stop the file being so big and b able to use the other options to get a higher resolution? (Some of my files are only 700mb DVDrip Xivd files yet they still seem to make a file that wont fit onto a 4.7GB disc aless i use low resolution.)

( I did try this lower resolution for one of my lower res files but the sound file didnt work so i used virtualdub to create a .wav file which worked. Also the video file that came out claimed to b only 30mins long on using all media players yet wen i pld the movie it was clearly the whole length...... to add to my worrys wen i went to DVD auth the file it made was longer, with like 3hours of nothing, so i hae id to cut this last bit of blackness out? ANY WAY OF PREVENTING THIS IN THE FUTURE?) My main aim is to get the files on to a 4.7GB disc wiv out loosing quality. Wat am i doing wrong?

Sorry for the long post just that i will not have the internet in a few days time so i want to get the process workin to it full potential before then.
    And thxs alot in advance for any form of help.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2005
  2. The_OGS

The_OGS Active member

Your question will come to the attention of the TMPGEnc experts if properly posted in our 'MPEG1 and MPEG2 Encoding (AVI to DVD)' forum.

3. triggahap

triggahap Guest

do u want me to repost it there then?

4. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Teleported :)