1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TMPGEnc merge & cut - audio problem

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by stardust, Nov 15, 2003.

1. stardust

stardust Regular member

I use Hauppauge PVR. When editing TV commercials out from MPEG2 using Merge & Cut tool of [bold]TMPGEnc Plus[/bold], got the following problem:

Video and audio OK, but about 10 minutes later the sound lost.. The rest of the video has no sounds! This happen to occur every time.. First I multiplex the video. The original unedited MPEG2 has no audio problems.

What's wrong?? Did not find the answer by searching web.. I tried simple nanoPEG Editor, which came with this PVR, but looks like no help either, sound lost after 10 minutes.. Bit frustrated about this.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2003
  2. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well First off you shouldn"t use tmpgenc"s "Merge & Cut" Cuz the "Merge & Cut" Officially only supports files that were encoded By Tmpgenc...The Problem you are Haveing could be a error in the Audio stream...If I were you I would use a Real Mpeg editor Like "Mpeg2VCR" as it is Probably the best Mpeg editor, Plus it has a Tool For fixing errors in Mpeg files and this editor will work with files that other Program can"t handle, It also has a Multiplexor and Demultiplexor and it supports AC3...If you message me with your E-Mail I might be able to send you a Older version of this software which should be owned by anyone who works with a Lot of Mpeg files....Cheers

3. Magix

Magix Member

I have used TMPGEnc & Mpeg2VCR to cut out the in between 20min of the movie and found that the the audio sound and video are not in one. That mean the sound is from another chapter whereas the video is what I have edited. What could it goes wrong. The current mpeg that I m working on is mpeg1.