1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TMPGEnc Merge&Cut filesize problem

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by jch41878, Sep 1, 2004.

1. jch41878

jch41878 Member

Using TMPGEnc to merge two MPEG-2 PAL SVCD's, both files are around 800M, and the final product is also about 800M. I havent watched the whole thing to see if it's all there, but I dont see how it could be since it seems to be the same quality. Is there some setting Im forgetting to check? Ive done this before with dozens of movies and had it work fine. Any suggestions appreciated, thx.

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

This can Happen if there is something wierd going on with the Mpeg2 files...The "Merge & Cut" sucks anyways as it can Only Cut on an I Frame and if you don"t you will get Sync Problems and it"s Joining causes Sync problems sometimes....
    Maybe try to get ahold of "Womble Mpeg2VCR" as it is a Very good Mpeg editor and Merger and it works on a Frame accurate basis and has effects and Transitions that can be used...It is also probably the fastest mpeg editor there is.....Cheers