1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tmpgenc Newbie

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by Magicman7, Aug 20, 2004.

1. Magicman7

Magicman7 Member

How can I use Tmpeg plus 2.5 to turn mpeg1 into mpeg2 and get mpeg 2 onto dvd to play on stand alone player?

I am fairly new to creating dvd's (recently purchased dvd burner). I have the Tmpgenc plus 2.5 software version 2.510.49.157 also nero 6 ultra, shrink, decrypter, and roxio...Through our site afterdawn.com I was informed that Tmpgenc would be able to turn my mpeg1 files(captured with wintv card - records television onto hard drive) into dvd compliant mpeg2 files so that I can then burn and play on a stand alone player... I have used Tmpge on a Mpeg1 file and the results are 2 files - one containing audio and on containing video.... I then use nero 6 and attempt to enter audio file in audio_ts folder and video into video_ts but this does not work because not ifo...

2. nist

nist Member

One way is to use the TMPGenc DVD Author program. Then you can burn the mpeg1 files directly on a DVD. Its called VCD-DVD (it will automatically convert the audio to be dvd compliant to 48Khz). This is because all DVDs can read mpeg1 files. Just import the mpeg1 files to the author program and create a menu. Then burn it with the internal program in DVD author or with Nero (DVD-Video option, put all files in VIDEO_TS).
    Another way is to use the Nero Vision program, which recodes the mpeg1 file to a dvd.
    I would recommend the first solution. Works like a charm :)