1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TMPGEnc Plus 2.5 problems

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by luv123, Mar 17, 2003.

1. luv123

luv123 Guest

AVI files problem:
    Does anyone know how to create the .avi file with sound? I looked for info in the Help file as well as the website but there are no specifics on that. I used different DivX encoders from the "Video settings" but none of them seem to do the trick. All attempts gave me the video but no sound. I also tried changing audio properties from the "Audio settings" (such as PCM etc...) but still no sound.

MPEG files problem:
    The problem with creating MPG/MPEG files using this software is, no matter how many kilobytes per second you tell it to produce, it still creates massive MPEG files. The "estimated files size" is useless because the program will create a different size (usually larger than estimated) file anyway.

Any help is appreciated, TIA

ps: yes the program is fully registered

2. Twilite

Twilite Regular member

I've not used TMPGENC to create AVI's but if you check out the guides ( http://www.afterdawn.com/articles/ ) there are a number of guides for creating DIVX or XVID avi's using free software. I do the xvids for my movies and it works beautifully every time even if it does take forever.

3. BizRodian

BizRodian Member

When I was turning DivX files into MPEG, I had to use VobSub to save the avi's sound as a wav, then use that as the source. I'm pretty sure there's mention of that in an article here.

As for the second problem, I seem to recall having the same one once, I don't think I ever solved it. I could make a tiny little 40x50 sized mpeg, but it'd still be the same file size as one made at 400x500, no matter how I played with the kbs settings.