1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TMPGEnc Plus directshow multimedia file reader problems after installing AviSynth

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by marcpolo, Nov 26, 2009.

1. marcpolo

marcpolo Member

Hi,

I'm having difficulty reading Avi files into TMPGEnc plus. I recently installed Avisynth and subsequently found that I could no longer read Avi files. The symptoms being that the centre part of the TMPGEnc display is completely empty i.e. grey, and the preview is completely black. Any conversion results in a black picture.

I have since uninstalled AviSynth and the problem still remains. Only when I disable the 'directshow multimedia file reader' do I get video. The directshow file reader priority was set correctly at 2 so it appears that this is now no longer working correctly.

I have tried re-installing TMPGEnc and my codec pack, however this makes no difference. It could be that some remnants of AviSynth is still present on my system.

I'd be very grateful if some could help me with this problem.

2. attar

attar Senior member

If you have a system restore point prior to the installation of Avisynth, try that.