1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TMPGEnc Problem With Strange Video Pictures

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by IntrepidJ, Jun 12, 2003.

1. IntrepidJ

IntrepidJ Member

Created a perfect VCD with TMPGEnc and Virtual Dub 2 days ago, but have reformated hard drive and reinstalled Win 98 and everything else today and can't figure out why TMPGEnc isn't working fully.

My avi DivX files play perfectly in Windows Media Player but when I use them as a video source in TMPGEnc, the picture is wierd colours - almost like a film negative or primary colours. Surely I have all the codecs I need becuase they play pefectly in Media Player?

It's 2.59 full version and I've installed Windows media player 9. Also installed Nimo Codec Pack Build 9 beta with basic options the only differences being:
    Video Codecs check Xvid, and uncheck "DivX 5.02".
    Audio Codecs check "MPEG-Layer 3 audio v4.2", and "Ogg Vorbis Audio Codec."
    Directshow filters uncheck DivX 5.02 Directshow and "ffdshow directshow"

I then installed the latest DivX player and DivX codecs that came with it, and ffdshow. This process was under the advice of a guide on DVDhelp.us or somewhere like that.

In response to answers to previous threads, I have changed the priority rating of DirectShow Multi Media file reader to 2 under VFAPI but no change!

AVICodec tool shows the video files as:
    DIV3 = DivX ;-) MPEG-4 (Low-Motion), supported.

I am presuming that it is TMPGEnc that is at fault here? Anybody that can help me - please! Hope this is enough info!

2. IntrepidJ

IntrepidJ Member

It's alright - problem solved but I thought I'd post the answer incase anyone comes across this later on...

After noticing that Vidomi played perfectly but that the program window was in slightly strange colours too, I noticed that TMPGEnc program window shimmered when I started it up - indicating either an installation problem or some incompatability with my pc. I checked the system requirements, changed my colour setting to True Colours 32Bit and bingo...it all works!