1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TMPGEnc problems

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Microbrew, Dec 13, 2004.

1. Microbrew

Microbrew Member

I had no problems the first time i tried changing a .avi to mpeg...however the last 3 times i've tried it has said the file cannot be open, or unsupported. Is this something wrong with my file, or a setting on TMPGEnc. If it is the file...is there any way to fix it so it can be encoded?
    thanks in advance

2. Microbrew

Microbrew Member

anybody? anything? please

3. Adder01

Adder01 Regular member

There is a program called GSpot which will tell you all the specs on your video file. Check out the format your file is currently in and then you might be able to get some more specific help.

Adder.

4. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

Dear Microbrew,
    This is most probably because you don't have the necessary codecs. But in case the .avis are corrupted, you may try to use 'All Media Fixer' to fix them:

http://www.realconvert.com/

Good luck!

5. Microbrew

Microbrew Member

3 different movies i have downloaded are similar in that when i try playing it on my computer, it has an error loading codec. The whole movie is downloaded, there is audio but no visual, and when i try to convert it to mpeg with TMPGEnc it says that it the file can not open or is unsupported.

One of the movies has a media file accompanied by a .srt file.

Another is a dvdrip xvid which wont change to tmpeg with TMPGEnc because of the same error.

The nextone plays audio and visual on my computer unlike the other 2. I dont know

Should the settings im using be different for these files which would cause this error? I guess im a little lost as to why this keeps happening. When i use Author it wont open the files because its not a MPEG1 or 2 but i cant convert them. I have only had one successful file burned onto DVD and i dont know what was different about that file than these ones.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2004
  6. scf_au

scf_au Regular member