1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TMPGEnc question

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by goodswipe, Apr 15, 2003.

1. goodswipe

goodswipe Guest

ok I convert my video to vcd. I merge and cut the first half of the movie. That works fine. When I go to create the second part and produce the video the program says searching(for the file) and never really does anything. I dont beleive this question has been asked yet because I couldnt find it, but can someone please help...thanx

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

How long do you let it hang? cause it actually does take a long time!

3. goodswipe

goodswipe Guest

I probably only waited like five mins or so. I understand it takes a while to do whatever it does to the video(sorry new to this).But on my first part of the video it doesnt say searching for file when I look for a place to save the output only on the second half of the movie.

4. Dela

Thats because it has to go half way through the video stream to find the starting from for the second part!

5. goodswipe

goodswipe Guest

I understand now, but Iv'e found another program to merge and cut the files. Im sure you've heard of it DVtool. It seems to make the audio and video in sync now. I was having that problem also, it wasnt bad but you could tell that the audio was a little faster. DVtool fixed the problem.

6. Dela

ah well that's good :)