1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

tmpgenc says file is to large

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by m6a, Oct 17, 2004.

1. m6a

m6a Member

i am trying to convert a .AVI(xvid) file that is 1hr and 55mins long to mpeg2 so i can burn it to dvdr. when i get to the page where i can adjust the bitrate so the file will fit on the 4.7G disk it tells me the file is to large. i got an error that said:
    the movie is to long to output
    the file cannot exceed 3hrs(180min) if audio format is linear PCM.(the file is only 1.55hr.)

what have i done wrong? i have had this problem before and cant figure it out. the audio is mpeg 3(mp3).

thanks in advance. i am really frustrated with this crap.:confused:

if i dont reply to any messages today i will tommorow.

2. p4_tt

p4_tt Active member

Try using NeroVision Express

3. m6a

m6a Member

i figured it out. the audio is a vriable bitrate(VBR) i converted the audio with virtualubmod =)

4. acbm3

acbm3 Member

Fisrstly forgive me if i have put my msg in the wrong section but i am new and i'm sure ill be pointed in the right direction

Can anyone please help me I'm Putting my films on dvd from my harddrivfe and most record fine yet a few say the file is to big.

I have reduced the bitrate from 384 which then lets me record but the result is no sound

Thanks in advance

5. m6a

m6a Member

if you want to ask a question and cant find your answer in the forum by reading other peoples questions and posts then create a new thread. although i dont mind helping you as best i can. if your files have already been converted to to dvd format(mpeg 2) and authored and are still to big then use "DVDshrink". there is a tutorial on this program in the guides section of this forum as well as guides to other things such as converting .avi files to dvd.

6. acbm3

acbm3 Member

Thanks so much for replying but the file is to large b4 it has been converted with Tmpgenc not after.

7. m6a

m6a Member

try using virtualdub mod to compress the audio. it is probably VBR audio and needs to be CBR.

8. acbm3

acbm3 Member

Will try virtual dub and let you know thanks