1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TmpGenc shutting....old prob but no solution !

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by Messa, Mar 18, 2003.

1. Messa

Messa Member

I know this has been asked before, as I have done a good web search, but no-one has been able to give any solution (apart from the usual 'well it works great for me' type of answer).

When i try and do a batch conversion of files either VCD or SVCD , the program will go so far and close down, and for some reason this makes all files it has already converted 0 bytes and unreadable. It has periodically done this for months. i have done a fresh install of XP, etc etc but still it happens. Th original files themselves are not damaged , i have power saving turned off (not stopping, actually closing the prog), settings are all per defaults etc etc.

Anyone got any ideas please, cos getting 4 files into a batch and the losing the lot is getting on my t*ts.
    Thx,
    Messa

2. CRAZYmack

CRAZYmack Guest

Are you by change encoding in 2pass VBR? i had the same problem. I haven't been able to solve it, but I just didn't use VBR.

3. Messa

Messa Member

you are right, i am using 2 pass VBR.

will go and try another way, i like VBR though so i can fit films to 2 disks.

thanks,

messa

4. CRAZYmack

CRAZYmack Guest

I like VBR as well but it doesn't seem to work, hehe oh well...