1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tmpgenc size problem - PLEASE Help

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by bsbeck, Dec 28, 2002.

1. bsbeck

bsbeck Member

I've used TMPGEnc to convert DIVX avi's to mpegs and make VCDs. I've got avi's that are more than 80 minutes in length. I've read in various places that I can alter the bitrate and force these clips onto one CD with lesser quality. I CAN'T GET IT TO WORK. I've tried loading the Video CD NTSC and then the unlock.mcf. Then I change the bitrate all the way down to 100 kbs. I've also changed the system setting to non-standard type. My 600 meg avi file ALWAYS ends up at 966 meg. The clip is 95 minutes long and I want to put it on a 80 min CD.

Please help !!!!!!!!

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

By any small chance do you use nero and have standard compilant ticked??

3. dbecker

dbecker Regular member

standard vcd's are set to encode @ 1500bps..and by the looks of the size of the file..it is encoding at that..It sounds like you have the old version of tmpgenc. Try getting version 2.57 or higher and set up vcd non-standard and set the cbr to 100. If you have it setup wrong, it will not let you change the biterate...

4. ams30gts

ams30gts Member

use a bitrate calculator

5. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

vcd standard is actually 1150 kbps/sec with 224 audio. so basically 1min = 10mb. With a birate calculator, unlock tmpgenc and enter the values you get from the calculator and save it as a non standard vcd and that should solve the size issue!