1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TMPGEnc to DVD Format

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by darkflood, Mar 26, 2003.

1. darkflood

darkflood Member

I've searched a lot of this site, and I can't find the answer I'm looking for. When I try using TMPGEnc to convert .avi to.mpeg for DVD, all I get is one file. Searching the database, I see you need them separated into separate audio and video files. What are the settings for these?

2. preist

preist Member

Ff you want to separate the video & audio output using TMPGEnc, go File-->Mpeg Tool-->Simple De-Multiplex

You can select different output files from here.

3. darkflood

darkflood Member

OK. I get that you can do that AFTER you convert .avi to.mpeg, but the first time I ran the program it did it automatically. When I first go to convert an .avi file, how can I get it to split into files that IFOEdit recognizes?

4. jnihil

jnihil Moderator Staff Member

[stream type] on the main screen has the options for elementary streams - [video only] and [audio only]. You need to encode these separately, if you want the .m2v and .mp2 files not-multiplexed.

Rgds,
    jnihil.

5. darkflood

darkflood Member

Thanks for the info. I tried on a small file, did the conversion and everything worked perfect. I tried a large XVid .avi file and it starts to encode, then the screen goes blank after a while. I can get audio fine, but the video doesn't work. Am I doing something wrong?

6. darkflood

darkflood Member

O.K. I've given up on TMPGEnc. Nothing I've tried works, except for wasting a WHOLE lot of time. I tried BBMPEG, But it won't even load the file and shuts itself down. I got CCE and Virtualdub, so I'll give these a try. I hope one of these are worth all of the expense:)I'd hate to spend all the money and not be able to do this.

7. procode

procode Guest

Some people can do it, and some people can't. The difference is that those that can, just wouldn't give in. I'm sure most of the regulars here will recognise themselves.

Stick with it my friend, you can do it, you have already proved you can put it the time.
    Now, you have found this forum, you will have the best chance possible. Soon you will say "Procode, my good mate, I am thanking you so much". You'll see, be the envy of your friends, be the man of magic with DVD.

8. darkflood

darkflood Member

"Procode, my good mate, I am thanking you so much." I guess I was getting burned out trying to figure the darn thing out. Took a couple of days off, then got back to it today. Started from scratch and figured out different things I need to do with different programs. Finally got it, even though the picture quality isn't as good as I hoped. Thanks again to all that helped!!!

9. procode

procode Guest

Crumbs my friend, you should see the quality of some of my earlier efforts, I was only saying today, "I wish I could do some of those again, when I have the time". As every day goes by, mine are getting better in quality. Today I have put 12 episodes of Friends together, the quality is excellent. I am now thinking, can I get quality and all 24 episodes on one 46p disc ?? Keep it up matey, soon you are guru for DVD.