1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TMPGEnc vcd/svcd problems

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by dragonsFB, May 15, 2002.

1. dingo23

dingo23 Guest

I just finished an SVCD and the quality is not that great, just like a VCD, could there be any reasons for this? I followed the instructions exactly. Thanks.

2. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

So, you created three CD SVCD and say its quality is comparable to VCD?

3. dingo23

dingo23 Guest

yes, i was very disappointed with the results, i have seen a few SVCD's and they are perfect, look like DVD's, but this was about the same quality as VCD yes. Any ideas?

4. caulfield

caulfield Member

exceelent thanks heaps, i will try that, i don;t have MS office so i'll downalod it from google. yhanks againa nd i apologise for my ignorance in rlation to leavign my e-amil address;-)

5. dingo23

dingo23 Guest

I have a few SVCD's that a friend gave me and they are on 2 discs, not 3, your guide advises the use of 3, but if its possible with 2 then whats the difference?

6. dRD

dingo23: If you go with 2 CDs, quality will drop. And I've used the guide what we have several times and the quality is normally between very good and stunning, so I kinda refuse to believe your comments and/or the fact that you have followed the guide to the letter.

7. dingo23

dingo23 Guest

ok, I'll try it again...

8. dingo23

dingo23 Guest

im up to the TMPGE stage of making an SVCD and i try to load my dv2 file and it wont open, i already tried doing what the instructions told me...how can i open the file?

9. dRD

You need to get the latest VFAPI plugin (that matches the version of TMPGEnc you have) from tmpgenc.net.

10. dingo23

dingo23 Guest

ok thanks a lot, got it.

11. caulfield

caulfield Member

dingo23 i'm having probs again, sorry. but i can't find p3p.dll newhere. i've been able to read about it but no downlaod at all. i've looked at sites with a variety of .dll's but p3p was not to be found.

could u possibly put up a hyperlink for me that would lead me directly to a site wheere i will be able to downlaod p3package.dll? i would be very grateful if you could do this.

thank u.

12. dingo23

dingo23 Guest

i will have a look for u and try and get a link up for u.

13. caulfield

caulfield Member

thank u sooooooo much. i really appreciate that.

just to clarifya nd verify: by encoding my non whitebook standard mpegs (using tmpgenc) will defintely be able to burn them onto a cd?

i.e. is tmpgenc all that is required to make sure that my files are able to be burned properly onto a cd?

14. caulfield

caulfield Member

dingo23, i've found p3p.dll and i was able to burn some of my mpegs. i've got 18 mpegs in total but have only been able to burn 11. i am using adaptec version 5 platinum, but this is now my new problem.

after i burned the mpegs onto a cd, there were some mepgs i was unable to view even though data had been recorded because in the my computer section it said so.

howver, when tryignt o view the mepgs i got a message"no combination of filters could be found to render to stream. Error 80040218"

i have been to told to use ISOBUSTER but i don't know how to use it even tho i have downloaded. i know i'm tryly displaying my ignorance here, but could somebody please help me?

thank you.