1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TMPGEnc Video freeze, audio is fine

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by MarvelFan, Oct 23, 2004.

1. MarvelFan

MarvelFan Guest

my problem is that i'm taking a PAL vob and a wav file and encoding to NTSC. After starting the encoding process in TMPGEnc Plus (registered)... about 60-70% into the process (2 hours real time encoding and 1 hour of video processed) the video stops on a frame and the encoding finishes all the audio and repeats the frozen frame from that point over and over to the end... so in the end i have a hours worth of good video and audio and after the our I get the same frame repeating with the audio going on normally... anyone else find this problem and/or knows a solution... thanks...

Oh Yeah... I tried this with 3 different vob files (about 10 hour of my time).. and this keeps occuring about 50-60 minutes into the processed video.

2. wordup08

wordup08 Member

ya i go that too except i was converting a divx file and the video stopped at about the 15 second mark both on two different videos

3. MarvelFan

MarvelFan Guest

I downloaded TMPGEnc Plus from a different site and it worked fine... Now I only have trouble with a couple videos... for some reason the video will play fine from from the source iso... but when I rip it down with smartripper and demux to a single ac3 and a single mpeg and load it into TMPGEnc it only loads about an hour worth of frames... it will convert that hours worth, but I can't get the rest of the frames to appear... they appear in VirtualDub and ProCoder, but not in TMPGEnc... if anyone knows a solution to fixing this.. i think it might have to do with a bad frame which stops the file from loading completely, please let me know...

4. ender60

ender60 Member

I think with mp2 edit you can remove bad frames from your video!!

and with pixeltools mpeg repair you can find, single out, repair and re encode any bad frames you might have. it will also automatically reinsert these repaired frames back in the correct spots.

good luck!

5. babybear3

babybear3 Member

i have the same problem but the weird thing is when i try the same movie on my laptop it works fine only it takes a lot longer but that's because of the processor