1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TMPGEnc

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Atom_set, Sep 20, 2003.

1. Atom_set

Atom_set Member

I can't seem to find a read-me file on how to use this program. Instead of making my file a SVCD it made it an MCF file. I am a noob to this stuff and don't really understand what all these mean. Can someone tell me how to turn a windows media file(video) into a file I can play on my home DVD player with TMPGEnc? Please it's killing me that I can't figure this program out. Thanks in advance.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2003
  2. baggins1

baggins1 Member

3. baggins1

baggins1 Member

4. Atom_set

Atom_set Member

Hey thanks man. I think this might have worked. Although there are still some things I can't figure out....like how to unlock all the settings....I think you got me on my way. Thanks again.

5. baggins1

baggins1 Member

If you explain what settings you are talking about i will try and help

6. Atom_set

Atom_set Member

Ummm in the instructions it says if some things are greyed out to go to the unlock file and load it to unlock the other settings. Well that didn't work because I can't open that file. Anyway it is working now....kind of. I got it burnt onto CD but now I have no sound. Is there some kind of software I have to download to get sound onto my disc? I have Nero6 but Nero don't want to work with the TMPGEnc program for some reason. Arggghhh these programs are pissing me off. LOL Any way thanks again for your help.

7. shmanda

shmanda Member

Thing #1: To unlock the TMPGenc settings, select the LOAD button (at the bottom, next to the SETTING button), now browse to the template file under the TMPGenc installation directory. Open the "extra" folder and select unlock.mcf. REMEMBER that unlocking the extra settings removes the newbie-proofing and will most likely cause your video to be unreadable if you don't know what you are doing. Stick to templates whenever you can.

Thing #2: Use VirtualDub extract the sound, (file -> save wav), then use Windows Sound Recorder to convert it to PCM 48khz. Use TMPGEnc to convert the video to ES (Video only) - Remember to load the DVD template of your choice first. Then use TMPGEnc DVD Author to do the create the folder, adding both the freshly encoded video and the converted audio.

Yes! It's complicated!

8. koola

koola Guest

Yes! It's complicated! Too much for some!

If you want an easy program to use which is quick and produces quality results, use MainConcepts Mpeg Encoder!

9. Atom_set

Atom_set Member

Hey thanks for the help. I think I'm starting to get the hang of it. Now can you tell me of any programs that encode video to work in a PS2? or should TMPGEnc or Main Concepts work? Again all of you have been a great help. Thanks.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2003
  10. koola

koola Guest

TMPGEnc or MainConcept should work as it does for me :D

11. Atom_set

Atom_set Member

Damn Koola the MainConcepts MPEG converter is idiot proof. I like it since well I'm an idiot....lol. Thanks. By the way how much does it cost to buy? I didn't look at that part. Any way great program....much easier to use than TMPGEnc. Both great but the mainconcepts is awesome. Thanks again.