1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TmpGenc

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by tas1948, May 29, 2004.

1. tas1948

tas1948 Member

Hi. I have some old good video tapes and i want to convert them in dvd's.... I know how but i have a problem.... I'm using for capturing the vhs tape a program named iuVcr. When i use TmpGenc to convert all avi files in a sequence e.g cap0.avi cap01.avi
    it converts them to cap0.0.avi so the sequence can't be executed, so i have to convert them to mpeg manually.
    Any Ideas???

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

I"m sorry but I don"t understand the Question...This is the Part I don"t understand:

Why do you capture your AVI files in a Bunch of parts??? You can set up IU_VCR so it doesn"t split your File into parts while captureing, Is it because you don"t have NTFS???

You can load all of the Files into Virtual-Dub as a sequence and then frameserve them to Tmpgenc and that way you encode them as one mpeg File....

3. tas1948

tas1948 Member

Yes.... I'm Using FAT32 file system i'll convert my disks to NTFS and give it a try...

thanks a lot

4. tas1948

tas1948 Member

How can i set Iu_VCR so it can capture all the avi's in one large file or in a sequence??

5. Minion

Minion Senior member

You actually have to set up IU_VCR differently when you want to Capture Segmented Files....
    When you start IU_VCR go to the "File" Tab were you set up were you want your File to be captured to and the Name of your file, and on the Right you will see settings labeled "Segmentation" and there you can set up your File to Be capture in either Hours and Minutes or in Mega Bytes....
    If your Hard drives are Formated as Fat 16 or Fat 32 then you can only capture files in 2gb or 4gb Pieces, If you are Running Win95/Win98 or WinME then you can only format your Hard drives as Fat16/32 but if you are Running WinNT/Win2000 or WinXP then your Hard drives can be formated as NTFS which allows for unlimited File sizes so if you have NT/2000 or XP and do not have your drives formated as NTFS then you should re-format your drives so you can capture unlimited file sizes....Cheers

6. tas1948

tas1948 Member

Thanks a lot for your advise.
    My problem is that i have 3 hard drives
    1 160Mb
    1 80MB
    1 60MB
    3.2 GHZ Pentium 4
    2 gigs of memory ddr400
    1 dvd recorder
    1 cd recorder
    2 dvd players plus two controllers.
    if i convert the disks to NTFS it'll take me days
    to install drivers for the programs i'm working on.
    Anyway thanks a lot and one day i'll do the convertion..

7. Minion

Minion Senior member

If your Hard drives are empty or have stuff on them that you can erase then you can format the Drive in less that 5 minutes....
    Doesn"t it sort of Defeat the Whole Purpose of haveing a Bunch of Hard drives if you can only capture 2 or 4gb Files??
    At least Format One Hard drive to NTSF ,Like a Drive you will use strictly for capture cuz it only takes a couple of Minutes and it sure make you Life easier....

Cheers

8. tas1948

tas1948 Member

I did just what you have advised me.
    Everything is in order now..
    Thanks a lot for everything
    Keep well

Tasos Athens - Greece