1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TmpgEncoder - HELP!

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by BD_BAZ, Jan 14, 2003.

1. BD_BAZ

BD_BAZ Member

TmpgEncoder, what a excellent program to make backups of my DVDs...
    anyway, the problem is with the odd movie ive got. when i set it up to encode the movie, after a few seconds the program crashes. every time,no matter what the cpu usage is.
    ok, ive kinda worked out that some from sharereactor freeze the encoder. about a boy,8 legged freaks and reign of fire all were from sharereactor and froze the encoder. however, other avi's from sharereactor have worked. other than those, i have encoded tons with out a problem.
    i hope someone can shed some light on this and help me.
    much apretiated
    al

2. Khisanth

Khisanth Regular member

is that sarcasm???? (sorry couldn't read it right to tell)

well, it's may sound like a silly question but, do you mean the program actually crashes? If so, what error messages? Or does the frame freeze?

I don't know what the problem is exactly, unless maybe you could provide more detailes, but you could try virtual dubmod which includes a version that helps with frame freezeing and mp3 freezing/out of sync problems. Don't know if that's what you wanted to hear, but it might. Post back more info pls. =)

3. BD_BAZ

BD_BAZ Member

that wasnt sarcasm. it has done me very well until a few movies i managed to aquire.1st of all with its normal config of tmpencoder, movies such as about a boy,reign of fire and 8 legged freaks when encoding actually froze the program. they failed to start encoding. no error messages, no nothing. just dint work. i tried changing some of the environmental settings, this gave me limited success. the encoding did actually work till the point of 8 minutes 32 seconds movie time in when the same picture frame was shown for the rest of the movie. the sound was spot on. i dont think its got anything to do with the way i decode the sound as yet again, its done be great for 24 movies. out of the 27 ive aquired. 3 havent worked as the program freezes. soz if i didnt make what i said clear before.
    but chears for any feedback or help if you post it
    al

4. Khisanth

Khisanth Regular member

ummm, I would start by removing and reinstalling the codec and see if that works. if that's not it, it could be a dll that's crashing so you could also trying deleting the program and reinstalling it, with a reboot inbetween of course. There's a chance it could just be the movie ie the person who originally encoded it.

5. BD_BAZ

BD_BAZ Member

ive already tried messing round with the setting and reinstaling it. i think its the actual movie file. it plays ok in avi,and plays ok up to the point of freze frame. atm, its working for a sharereactor movie.so it isnt just primarily their files.but they all arent ripped by the same people.so it might just be one person's. oh well im finding alternative movies :D
    but chears for your help mate :D
    al