1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

to all game masters out there...HELP!!!

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by kos_gr, Jan 28, 2005.

1. kos_gr

kos_gr Member

I am new to the board so hi to everyone... I have an internet caffe in Greece and I'm having problems with C&C zero hours. The game is picking up at my place but the annoying message "check for viruses or overheated hardware" bs, is killing me. The problem occurs when more than 2 players play a lan game. It starts slowing down and then BOOM and everyone is kicked out. The computers are good, 2.8 and above P4 or amd, 512 ddr ram 256 video cards, and lan connection 100 mbit/sec on a 2mbit internet connection. Viruses and trojans are out of the question ( I have hardware protection in all pc's ) firewalls do not exist... what is the problem? Oh, the version I have is 1.02 ( the latest I believe) so... WHAT IS THE PROBLEM? This is not about the benefit of my store only, I am addicted to the game and cant stand the gyus telling me " we would have won" when I have 200 kamikazi bikes and another 200 vehicles ready to storm in... see my problem? Please help

2. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

I have the same problem with C&C Generals but it gives me a different message about overheating blah blah blah and it kicks me out of a lan game also and network game.

I would suggest going to EA games web site and see if their is a patch or somthing.

3. kos_gr

kos_gr Member

I was just looking for that, I saw something in the official site under tech support. It says to go on my documents file, find the "data" folder, delete the"options.ini" file and then the game will generate a new file. That is the problem according to EA Games. The options.ini file could be corrupted. It is weird because at my internet cafe there are played over 50 games a day and I dont see that problem every time the play. Some times and usually when it is more than two players at a game. I'll check it out and tell you the results...

4. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

yeah man, get back with me and let me know the results.

For me it would only happen (the error) every so often but not enough for me to chuck the game.