1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

To be or not to be BLINDWRITE backup time ???

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by Rotary, May 15, 2003.

1. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

Hello all

@Shoey !

RAVENSHIELD safedisc v2.8 backup…

Shoey I tried my best to get this ravenshield game to backup using the plextor 12/1032A, disc 1 backs up fine! Disc 2 wont as I cant get the plextor to even see it? It just keeps saying empty? Now I installed the game and tried it! And also tried it before I installed the game (original discs!) still the same! Ok then I tried moving the eide cables to all slots but still the same! I even jumpered the not known about RMA jumper at the back of the plextor! Still wont see it! I tried master setting and slave and no jumper at all! (all other discs are seen in all these modes!) now so I moved on to the litty drive 52/24/52 this drive saw it fine! So I backed up both discs with the settings in blindwrite you gave me for the plexy (hope those were ok for the litty on safedisc v2.8?) so now I have working backups of ravenshield and morrowind safedisc v2 and hitman 2 securom v4.84.00.0104 and age of mythology safedisc v2.7

Now going back to the plextor! I used the play disc (copy) of ravenshield in the plextor to play the game IT WORKED! And saw it! 3 times out of 15 !!! very intermittent…

Now doing all this backing up playing games on test! I came up with some odd things? When the game ravenshield was installed original! I used backup play disc to play and go on multiplayer v1.0 I type in random keycode and got in to play! It by-passed the cdkey checking? Now I uninstalled the game and loaded with backups all loaded fine! Then I tried the multiplayer again and every time it says INVALID CD KEY clear off dude – well not the dude bit! But you get me drift on this?

Put the originals back in and wammy back on multiplayer again but han to click a couple of times! To get it in I just fiddled about and you get in…

Now another point is all these games I backed up play on my machine ok! Now the guy who lent me the discs to backup for him, I loaded all on his and they ALL will not play? You know the score insert the real disc punk comes up! We’ve all been there ah! I tried them in different drives too? Also I loaded them all on my second machine in house and they don’t work on that either? Why are they working on mine?

I have uninstalled DISJUGGLER – CLONECD – ALCOHOL120% is there any other programs that EMULATE software to play you know of? As I can see what is making them work on mine and not the other 2 computers?

Also on my second computer I loaded CloneCD to see if the games would play well age of mythology play safedisc! Ravenshield played safedisc but hitman 2 securom WONT play? Even with hide CDR media clicked to get the safedics ones playing?

So from this all the discs I made basically SUCK ASS BIG TIME and I don’t have PERFECT 1:1 copies, so what gives with all this any input would be great as I just don’t have a clue now?

Is blindwrite suppossed to make perfect copies of these games or not that is the question? To be or not to be – I’d ask romeo but he’s dead LOL…..

Well that’s all for now!

PLEASE GUYS WHO EVER READs THIS SEND HELP !!!

As its gaskit blowing time

Thx all…….write back soon as blind write doesn’t !!!

Rotary-Motion

2. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Rotary,
    So you read the image of Ravenshield with your Plexy and played the backup in your Plexy without any emulation and the backup played?
    Did you notice in the dump image or read image process "pre-gap" found" by chance? When 1 uses a "borrowed" cd key and logs on to a server it's not uncommon to to see "invalid key" (multi-player), especially dealing with backups.

Dealing with Safedisc 2.8.x-2.9.x& SecuROM 4.8.3& backups, one must have "hardware compliant" roms to play the backups. It is very important that one should create an "play disc" for SecuROM 4.8.x& up (bwa file) and create another disc labeled "install disc" (no bwa file). Did you create 2 backups(play& install) of SecuROM 4.8.x? My Litey will spin up the "install disc" and play UT 2003 but my Toshiba SD-M1502 won't. Why?, Toshiba can't bypass the TwinPeaks (tages) cd protection scheme of SecuROM 4.8.x but my Litey DVD-Rom can< kick arse drive I'm telling ya (hehe).In short, good to have "2 sheep" burners for your rig(s) and roms that can bypass TwinPeak (tages) cd schem of SecuROM but NO guarentee the backups will play on other roms my friend.
    I'm persuaded if your buddy had an Litey or Asus cdrw the backups would have played just fine? No such term as "perfect 1:1 backups" now, but rather "modified" backups as SecuROM and Safedisc are very tough cd protections to backup. If the "install" disc played SecuROM 4.8.x in your Litey just fine, I still recommend that you create an " "play disc" too Rotary. If BlindWrite 4.4.0 backed up SecuROM 4.8.x and Safedisc 2.8.x and you can play the backups in your Litey, then I recommend you stick with this program for now. nothing wrong with PaddusDiscJuggler for Safedisc 2.8.x-2.9.x as well. Do away with CloneCD and Alcohol until they update due to the fact of "pre-gap" found on some Safedisc 2.8.x game titles and Safedisc 2.9.x.

Shoey :)

3. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

thx for reply!

ok i cound NOT! get the plexy to see disc 2 ravenshield what ever i tried to do to the plexy? it did discs 1 ok!

so i used the litty to do both, now i tried in all 3 drives the disc 2 copy! play disc to play game it worked on mine! the plextor saw it say 3 times out of 15 trys to get the game going!

now i have no emulation on my system that i know of? clonecd has gone alcohol has gone! they still work! also the hitman2 WITH .bwa file downloaded from net! i only have one discs for hit man and used the EXTRACT SUBCODES so there was 3 files in folder to burn! it loads and plays with one disc on mine! now the same disc on my friends and my daughters computer l load but will NOT play even with clonecd hide CDR media enabled?

mow the safediscs game reavenshield and agoe of mthology will only work with cloncd hide cdr media!

so with this i tried padus discjuggler! and used all settings you gave me (tute in other thread!) this also wont work on both systems other than mine!

i got to thinking there is still some kind of emulation sitting somewhere on my system but i dont know where to find it? or what program is doing this? we all could be getting fasle readings due to some program not uninstalling something when we no longer want it?? your thought s on this!

***NOTE***

my system has AUTO INSERT NOTIFICATION turned off! and discs play no emulation (well think no emulation?) but on other 2 machines they have auto insert on! and discs wont play?

could this be a new found fact? for playing games?

SHOEY do you know where to find auto insert tab so i can try this theory out? i use winXP Pro!

get back soon online all day!

rotary

EDIT!

didnt see any pre gap stuff? but saw something like 444 ecd or ccd errors!

not sure if "ccd" is right spelling?_X_X_X_X_X_[small]XP 1700 TBred [Fan 28-Idle/32-Load/23M] [o/c 2004mhz = 12X167/33 = FSB-334mhz]
    A7V8X SATA150/RAID [Bios 1011]
    HERCULES 3D PROPHET [9700 Pro]
    DX9/CAT-3.1 VIA 4in1 Hyperion v445]
    XMS Corsair Platinum pc3500 512meg[/small]

Last edited: May 16, 2003
  4. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Rotary,
    So when you read the image of Ravenshield (CD 2) with BlindWrite, did you notice in the extraction engine process "pre-gap" found and how many ecc/edc errors did you have total? I'm not suprised the backup played in your Plexy with no emulation. "If" youneed emulation for SecuROM 4.8.x, then you use Daemon Tools with the emulation options ticked: Securom and for Safedisc: Safedisc and Laserlock for roms that can't play the backups in the burner. Be sure to make "install discs" for SecuROM 4.8.x and install the original pc games on all your pc's.
    First try the "install disc" on any rom and see if the backup will play. if thebackup won't play then insert the "play disc" and the backup "should" play. If it don't, then you need to create or download another bwa file for that particular game title (SecuROM 4.8.x&up).
    I don't know how to enable "autorun" and welcome any member who knows to to enable this fuction for WinXP to please reply to this thread (thanks). My concern here mainly is if Ravenshield has "pre-gap"....?

5. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

well shoey get ready fir this!

ravensheild is safedisc v2.90.040

[​IMG]

that proggy i got says report this sucker to them !!!!

and here is a padus report on copying this ravenshield!

[​IMG]

and there are NO!!!!!! pregap to blindwrite i didnt take my eyes of it!

HERE IS LOG FILE!

***----- Image verification started -----***
    HD image is OK
    Sector: Bad headers 0 - Bad Edc 433 - Weak 22 - Status 1
    File systems: Volumes 2 - files 186 - folders 66
    Volume size 716646 boot 0 Vol ID RSHIELD_CD2 - 08/02/2003 00:06:00 Status 1
    ***----- Image verification ended -----***
    Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
    Patin-couffin version 11 in use
    Blindwrite Version 4.4.0.65
    ***----- CD DEVICE INFO START OF REPORT -----***
    Cd Unit report started at 16/05/2003 11:55:01
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    VendorID : "LITE-ON"
    UnitId : "LTR-52246S"
    FwID : ""
    FwDate : "6S02"
    Drivers : 00000000/00000000/0000000000000014
    Speeds : 52/52/0/0
    Bsize : 2048
    Flags : 00000
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    end of CD Unit report
    ***----- CD DEVICE INFO END OF REPORT -----***
    Unit 1:1:0 - LITE-ON LTR-52246S 6S0C [E] (Ide)
    Speed Max
    VolumeId : "RSHIELD_CD2"
    Hash : 8D99420B89FB86EE3A76DE68587FFD3244DA80B1
    CDRW used was not empty. It has been erased.
    Unit 1:1:0 - LITE-ON LTR-52246S 6S0C [E] (Ide)
    Speed Max
    VolumeId : "RSHIELD_CD2"
    Hash : 8D99420B89FB86EE3A76DE68587FFD3244DA80B1
    HD image "xxx.BWT"
    Writing mode : DAO PW
    No subcodes in file. they'll be generated
    Sectors read : 358623
    Sectors built: 0
    CD is complete
    Weak sectors : 22 sector(s) have been enhanced.

well what do you reckon to this?

mad ah very sneaky of these guy 2 types of encrption on same game!

6. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi shoey,

WELL WOULD YOU BELIEVE IT !!!!

I have found out why all the games play on my computer and NOT on the others..

There is EMULATION on mine and the program is:

BLINDWRITE !!!

i took it off and the games wont play! i put blindwrite on other 2 pc's and VIOLA !! they play!

NOW NOTE THIS !!!

i used cloncd to play ravenshiled on both pc's other than mine - worked fine!

tried deamon tools for hitman2 it would not load! with play disc and install disc!

but load blindwrite to the pc's and it plays hitman2 with just the BWA disc and i installed with the BWA disc!

but blindwrite wont play hitman2 without the BWA file !!

THIS IS NEW AH!

but at laest i know why all the games work now!

what are your thoughtsd on this one ???

rotary

7. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Rotary,
    CloneCD (hide cd-r or Virtual CloneCD Drive)?

"Play disc" should play the game just fine with your Litey as well as the "install disc". Did you install Hitman 2 with your Litey? if not, uninstall and reinstall with your litey and try to play the backup (play disc) in your Litey.

Be sure that you burned Hitman 2 to cd-r, not cdrw's Rotary. Also, after you installed Ravenshield, did you upgrade to any patch (if available)?

8. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

on my pc and the other 2 pc's i used cloneCD hide cdr media!

deamon tools will not play hitman2 on other 2 pc's ! i will try my pc now with the 2 discs, install and bwa play disc, with blindwrite took off! and see what happens?

ALL DISCS ARE CDR !

i upgraded both patches for ravenshield and i am still playing it!

OF COURSE i need blindwrite loaded to play them now! but yes up to patch v1.20 but cannot use the multiplayer! just wonnt log in?

thx.......

9. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Rotary,
    Try and play the backup of Ravenshield in your Litey and other pc's without "hide cd-r". The reason why Ravenshield says Safedisc 2.9 is because you installed the patches. If you uninstall\reinstall I'll bet the "original" Safedisc version is 2.8.

You shouldn't need Daemon Tools to play your backup of Hitman 2 in your Litey. Hopefully you installed the "original" discs from your Litey. If not, simply uninstall\reinstall Hitman 2 with your litey and use the backup "play disc" to play in your Litey. Again, you should need no emulation for your Litey. I need to know what brand name burners you're using to try and play Hitman on secondary pc's. Uninstall BlindWrite, Alcohol 120& CloneCD from your pc.

10. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

i have played ravenshield backup on all 3 drives of mine!

plextor 12/10/32a

lite-on 522452

samsung dvd/cd 48x

now i have "no!" clonecd to hide cdr media, or alcohol they all gone!

also i dont have original hitman2 discs! i took them back when i tested it on the ownwers pc!

but still have the raven at the moment!

ok heres something else!

i made a second set of ravenshield backups! and now it will only play in the samsung! it will NOT play in the litty or plextor! thats wierd? as the first set play in all 3 drives of mine!

now all i can say it maybe something to do with uninstalling blindwrite and installing again?

the only other thing is the second set was burnt at 16x and read at 8x

the first set was burnt at 2x read and 4x write!

perhaps shoey on your issue in your email to me!!! it may be a write and read speed issue???

so to clarify!

i have no programs loaded now! only nero left and padus! and raven second disc play in dvd samsung only!

will try another 2x disc see what happens ah?

OH! nearly for got on the pc upstairs with fresh install nothing on it! only blindwrite to emulate for hitman2 and ravenshield to work! asfter shutting down and rebooting games wont work? install blindwrite over the top od blindwrite and the games work after booting?

but shutdown and they wont work? reboot load blind write agian and all play?

work that out?

EDIT:

my drives
    plextor 12/10/32a

lite-on 522452

samsung dvd/cd 48x

pc upstairs:

samsung dvd/cdrw combo

drives on owners of games:

cdrw old type cant remember name?
    cd is samsung cdrom only i think?
    i will have to check that out!

11. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Did you use BlindWrite and did you burn with your Litey?
    So there is a first set you burned. Did you burn with BlindWrite and what burner did you use?
    When burning Safedisc, burn speed isn't a issue so you read& write the image at max.

Exactly! Leave BlindWrite installed on your pc and the Ravenshield backups should play in your Litey just fine. Plexy?

It's obvious here BlindWrite has it's "built in" emulation, having something to do with "autostart" to bypass ATIP. The same applies to Alcohol 120. If I uninstall Alcohol 120 then my backups of The Sims Unleashed, Sim City 4& Command& Conquer Generals (Safedisc 2.8.x),as I used Alcohol 120 to backup these 3 pc games and the [/bold] WON'T [/bold] play in my Polaroid BurnMAX48 when Alcohol 120 is uninstalled.

Shoey_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Certified Computer Technician
    http://www.afterdawn.com
    Main Website^ (Afterdawn)
    http://www.afterdawn.com/general/legal.cfm
    Forum Rules^
    ------------------------------------------------
    Mobo: KT4VL MSI-6712
    CPU: AthlonXP Barton 2.5
    Ram: 512 SD-DDR[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2003
  12. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi there,

all this burning and testing is giving me piles!

LOL

ok i burned all discs with blindwrite! for all games! and all from the litty, um ar? now i think i burnt the first disc 1 of raven in the pextor? cant be sure on that one?

perhaps thats why they played from all drives after loading the game from copies i think? not sure?

but the fact is i burnt now with litty and blindwrite!

and now i have blindwrite back on installed the discs will NOT play in plextor or litty? i dint know why this has changed? cos FACT thay did! but not now?

i suppose the protection is working and it knows its in the cdrw drives?

but fact now i have blindwrite in! and they wont play in plexy or litty just asks for original or try reload disc error!

its baffled me this perhaps i had something on the computer to allow all drives but i think not!

oh well its all dam confusing all these results! i hope shoey it tells you things from all my tests i spent hours on thse suckers....

quest for knowledge is a up hill sruggle

take care!