1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

To Convert AVI to DVD with Nero Vision 4 (basic guide)

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by alkohol, Dec 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

@gwendolin

Thanks a lot for the links buddy. You've saved me times by searching for it. See, didn't I told you that you're a good helper? Yes, you are indeed. See you around.

2. nasayin

nasayin Regular member

Thank you alkohol and gwendolin! I never had Roxio installed on my machine. I will downgrade Nero to 6.6.0.18 and turn on my DMA. I will post next weekend to see if it is successful. Thanks again!

3. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

@nasayin - no problem and you're welcome mate. The below 'Drivers\CDR4_2K.SYS' & 'Drivers\CDRALW2K.SYS' are Roxio's drivers, taken from your Nero Vision Log when you posted it earlier.

Go here http://www.downloadjunction.com/product/store/15199 and get it to run and wipe out Roxio. However, the choice is yours. Good luck!!

4. jm07

jm07 Member

@Alkohol-

For that setting where we choose Highest Quality and 2PassVBR, I get a confirmation message telling me it will not fit onto a 4.7GB DVD with that quality setting and that it can change it for me if I want.

So should I tell it to keep the highest quality setting, and then just save to hard drive, not disk (like you do). Then Nero Burning Rom will make it fit onto a 4.7GB disk later?

Thanks!

PS: I'm trying to burn a 700MB AVI file with the best quality possible to fit on ONE 4.7GB disk.

5. ralfeo

ralfeo Member

hey,can u help me.i use nerovision to write it to my hard driveand that is succesfull but then i go to nero burning rom its says 'DVD-video files compliance test failed.the resulting DVD-video might be unplayable do you want to continue?' when i continue and it burns but when i go to play it it doesnt play... can you help me???

6. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

@ralfeo

What kind of media did you used to burn? And how fast did you burned? The only media I can trust and recommend are: Taiyo Yuden, Verbatim "Advanced Azo or Datalife Plus" and Hitachi Maxell (made in japan).

7. ralfeo

ralfeo Member

i use verbatim and at 16x speed, would it help if i burn it at a slower speed?

8. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

@jm07 - Yes, don't reduce the quality, have Nero Vision save it to your hard drive. Once Nero Vision is done, transcode your VIDEO_TS file with Nero Recode 2 using "4460MB custom size" and "AA + HQSR" and you'll be fine. Nero Recode will compress your big file/VIDEO_TS to fit perfectly into a DVD+R or DVD-R disc.

@ralfeo - Verbatim is a top notch media. However, I wouldn't recommend burning at max speed (16X). The only burning speed I recommend are 4X - 8X only. Good luck!!

9. jm07

jm07 Member

Thanks Alkohol!

So I open Nero Recode, Choose "Record an Entire DVD to DVD" And then just add the folder that VideoTS and AudioTs are in?

10. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

@jm07

Yes, once Nero Vision is done, open upr Nero Recode 2, choose "Record an Entire DVD to DVD" and import/load your VIDEO_TS file only, NOT the Audio_TS. You don't NEED Audio_TS (it's just there only).

Best of lucks to you!

11. ralfeo

ralfeo Member

thanks alot alkohol your a genius, works like a charm

12. sick_unit

sick_unit Regular member

A few weeks ago I tried converting some TV epsiodes .avi's to DVD using Nero Vision and it all went well until I played it bank in my DVD player where the audio was out of sync, however when I watch the .avi on my PC its perfect.
    Why would that happen?

13. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

@sick_unit

I really don't know, but I usually suggest others to get K-Lite Codec Pack or the latest K-Lite Mega Codec Pack (both FREE) and let it tweak, inspect or configure the AVI files in prior to start your project with NV 4.

Other little things to look out for are; media, burning speed, defrag hard drive weekly (or twice a week), run scan disk/disk clean up (clean all your cookies, temp files, etc.), release more ram, don't multi-task when using NV 4, disconnect from the net, disable all other anti-virus programs, etc.

Otherwise, I seriously don't know. Perhaps, you can try Nero Tech Support next time for more info. Good luck!!

14. sick_unit

sick_unit Regular member

@ alkohol

What exactly do these codec packs do?
    Sorry ive never used them before and im not fimilar with them.

15. CougarKid

CougarKid Member

How do I make the font larger, the one that is the name of that specific video? I tried clicking it and going to fon't, but I get nothing.

Anyone?

16. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

@sick_unit - it helps to fix corrupted or bad codec issues, which I believe.

@cougarkid - I don't think you can make the font any bigger. I may be wrong, but at least that's what I believe (someone correct me if I'm wrong). You can do CAPS and it will be bigger. Worse case scenario, ask Nero Tech Support for further info.

17. JXP2307

JXP2307 Regular member

Alkohol, how exactly do you run it through? Do you use AVIFIX to run your files through with the K-lite codec pack?

Last edited: Mar 17, 2006
  18. CougarKid

CougarKid Member

I got the whole font thing worked out now. Anyone know which type of TV would make none of the words stick out of the TV screen?

19. sick_unit

sick_unit Regular member

I was about to ask the same question. After K-Lite is installed what do you do?

20. badd

badd Member

yea i got the same problem with courgra, on my big tv the subtitles dont appear.
    also does anyone no how to fit around 20 on one disc ? o_O i was checking out ebay and i saw this guy having like 20 on a disc something bout divx. if im able to do this then it'll be really hopeful as im burning around 40 disc for all the eps

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.