1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

To Convert AVI to DVD with Nero Vision 4 (basic guide)

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by alkohol, Dec 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

@draven_

You can do a search here at the Nero forum on how to fix those "nvidia" drivers/controllers. Those are a pain in the @ss trying to fix/enable DMA back on. Sorry, I don't use/have any of those nvidia drivers. However, my buddy creaky has a really good thread that he has helped someone with a similar problem like yours. So perhaps, maybe you can help you in regards to "nvidia" drivers.

Good luck!!

2. L2T

L2T Member

Sure wish I had read this thread a week ago. (wasn't converting AVI). Lots of good general info that I have been learning the hard way. Thanks, alcohol!!

Question: I've been burning at fastest possible speed (up to 16x) and yesterday produced my first Verbatim coaster (freezes). I keep master copies of everything I do and want to know if I copy them (they are OK now) at 4x will the copies be better and less likely to degrade over time?

Question #2: And there is no way to increase audio volume with Vision 4, right?

jt

3. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

@L2T

I'm not fond of burning anything beyond 8X period. I burned all of my dvd movies and PS2 games at 4X nearly 95% and 5% for movies that doesn't required a lot of compression. Yes, if you burned at 16X, chances are you're more than likely to create "coasters", in addition, your backup copy will causes playback issues ie freezing, skipping, pixelate, etc.

In query to the volume? I'm not so sure, but you can try to set the it's audio setting to Dolby Digital 5.1 and hopefully that'll spice up the volume.

4. fourmpub

fourmpub Member

i just try this and its looking fine

i have this one little problem; i cant find Nero Burning Rom on nero 7 and it leaves watermark after i burn it

Last edited: Jan 14, 2006
  5. lisa0477

lisa0477 Member

Okay, I really apologize if this has been asked, but I am new and I please ask that you forgive me. My husband usually does the burning and he is in Iraq and I need help. I am trying to burn a power point slide show on to a DVD so I can give it to my mom and so on. I downloaded a program called Camtasia studio and converted the power point to that. I read then to burn it on Nero, so I did. It will not play on my Sanyo Dvd player. It will play on my computer, the sound and every thing is there. I tried following what you saidand I used Nero Start smart. My nero has nerovision express I used that and the only thing that was different than the screen shots you showed was where you could change the pull down to DVD where is showed how much disk spaced you have used. I get no errors and everything seems fine except that it will not play on my DVD player. On the other program it said to do it in Nst(can't remember exact initials, I guess for american version I don't know) don't laugh at me...lol. I don't know what other info to give. It is in AVI format and that is what I was trying to change to play on the DVD. Please Help and Thanks!

6. hookshut

hookshut Member

HI Alky,
    Hope you can help me with my Nero query. I recently downloaded 3 dvd movies in avi format of usenext. The first one burnt by Nero 6 was fine but the second tried with nero 7 ultra due to the dolby 5.1 problem for the audio ( very low volume) cannot be played back on my dvd player as the player tells me that the disc hasn't been finalised. When downloaded the movie came in 2 parts and I have used Nero Vision to transcode and refit it onto dvd-r but although I can play it on the pc I cannot play it on the dvd player. Can you help? Didn't keep the log either sorry.....How can I finalise this or how can I get it to work?

7. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

@fourmpub

If you have a full version (fully functional Nero 6 or Nero 7), then you should have Nero Burning Rom and Nero Express. Is your version an OEM version by chance?

8. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

@lisa0477

I'm not a Nero guru and or computer expert, but just some experiences on Nero that's all (ie DVD movies & PS2 games burning, encoding/transcoding and converting/transcoding AVI to DVD).

Anyways, I've never heard of Camtasia, so I really can't and or have no comment on that. May I asked, is this Microsoft's Power Point, right? I don't know why you're using Power Point, but I believe Nero Vision can do slide easily (there's a tab/menu in there that you can do slide show. However, I've never done Slide show onto a CD or DVD before. So it's a tough call for me.

Here's a picture for reference for Nero Vision to make a slide slow into DVD.
    [​IMG]

On the other hand, what kind of media (blank dvd disc) did you used to burned?

9. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

@hookshut

Well, you can try to tweak and run through k-lite codec pack for any audio issues, here http://www.k-litecodecpack.com/ (it's free). It would be nice for a log, but there should be a settings to finalize the cd/dvd in prior to burning, so it can finalize the disc.

10. fourmpub

fourmpub Member

@alkohol i d/led the trial nero 7 from nero.com
    is there any program that doesnt leave watermarks?

11. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

@fourmpub

I don't know if there's any out there that will have the watermark or not. You can try VSO DivXToDVD, but I'm pretty sure their trial version has watermark as well. Honestly, I would say Nero is the best way to go, but that's only my opinion.

12. hookshut

hookshut Member

Hi ALc,
    For some reason all the older movies I have done with Nero 6 are fine and this new one after upgrading to Nero 7 Ultra has the problem. I have tried but it doesn't give me any settings to finalise. From your experiences is there anything you can suggest? When I try to open the DVD from the drive it shows a blank dvd and no Audio or Video files on it but play it on Nero Showtime no prblems. It did however asked me me if I wanted to reduce the quality to fit it on a standard dvd before I burnt it so anything that might have corrupted the file whilst trying to fit it?
    Much appreciated,

13. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

@hookshut

Hmmmm.... I honestly don't know why Nero or your dirve can't recognize your DVD. Out of curiosity, what kind of blank media are you using? I don't have any more AVI project to do at the moment, but will soon and I'll keep an eye on all of the settings. I'll let you know how it goes alright.

Yes, Nero Vision usually asked me if I want to cut back on the quality because it's more than 4.38GB. I usually just click NO... because once it's completed, I'll have Nero Recode 2 to transcode/encode, so it'll fit perfectly into a single layer 4.7GB DVD+R disc. I don't like to lose any quality, so I customize my project to 4420MB, with "Advanced Analysis" + "High Quality Mode". However, this is only when Nero Vision said the files are over the capacity of a single layer 4.7GB disc only though.

Good luck!!

14. hookshut

hookshut Member

Hi Alky,
    I am using the Datawrite yellow die discs and have used a couple of boxes before I have upgraded the Nero to 7 ultra and there have been no problems with them. But with this one it is a problem.....Let me kow about the settings when you have one to do as you have mentioned....Thanks,
    Murat

15. Crawlspc

Crawlspc Member

Excellent guide, and very easy to follow. I'm new to this and still feeling my way around it all. I did manage to get a dvd burned, and rather enjoyed setting it up. The only thing I found I had issues with was the playback on a set top player. The picture was stretched a bit, so to speak, so the subtitles cut off on the sides and are very low to the bottom of the screen. The video files are in .avi format. Have you had this issue, and is there any way to solve it?

16. pordhac

pordhac Member

THIS MESSAGE IS MAINLY for ALKOHOL.
    I followed your interesting thread to burn a DVD-RW,
    First, I wrote the MPEG file ( almost 2,5 hrs process), then :
    I clicked Nero Burning Rom and follow your steps, always wondering that how the DVD burner was able to comprihend that which file it was going to burn into DVD-RW?
    So, under OPTIONS, istead of the POWER BURN checked box, I had a Buffer Up checked box and the Book Seetings, for Automatic, was not prompted at all.
    Could you let me know that what is going wrong with your highly recomended option,leaving aside the other option of direct Burn at Once.
    Looking forward for your answer, dear ALKOHOL>>>>
    Regards,
    arman

17. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

@hookshut

I will certainly let you know.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2006
  18. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

@crawlspc

Try all of the aspect ratio settings ie 16:9 or standard/automatic or 4:3 etc.

19. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

THIS MESSAGE IS MAINLY for ALKOHOL.
    I followed your interesting thread to burn a DVD-RW,
    First, I wrote the MPEG file ( almost 2,5 hrs process), then :
    @pordhac

What version is your Nero Burning Rom? If I remembered it correctly, then any of the late Nero 6 Ultra will support "book typing", however, that is, if your burner is capable of changing the "bitsettings". What brand/model is your burner? Do you have the latest firmware up-to-date? Some manufacture's firmware does supported "book typing" or "bitsettings", some will required a "hacked-firmware" to support book typing or bitsettings.

As far as I know, either Nero or your burner can not book type any DVD-R or DVD-RW. In order to successfully book type into a DVD-ROM, you need to burn with a DVD+R, DVD+RW or DVD+R DL disc.

Hope this clear things up for you.

20. pordhac

pordhac Member

The Nero version 7, free trial.
    DVD burner installed from SONY is:pioneer DVD-RW DVR-104, incorporated in SONY VAIO PCV-RX670.
    This time I did try a Maxell DVD+R.No success.
    Regards the firmware up to date I didn't know how to confirm.
    Thanks for assisting me to solve this unsolved issue.
    Looking forward for your response. THANKS!
    regards,
    arman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.