1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

To copy from VHS - DVD with stabilizer and no computer?

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by 6kids, Dec 6, 2004.

1. 6kids

6kids Member

Would it be easier to copy VHS tapes directly from the VHS player hooked to the tv and then the stablizer and then to a DVD recorder? Or to learn something new about how to do this by using my Dell computer XP? From what I can tell, buying a $238 Emerson EWR 20V4 from our local Wal-Mart wouldn't let me copy my store bought VHS tapes anyway. We do not have a DVD player right now and I am thinking about buying a portable one for the car that I might be able to use in the house too. Or would I be better off buying a 'real' DVD player for the house and just taking it in the car for long trips and hooking it up to the converter that we already use for the tv and VCR on long trips? ANY ideas or advice or words of wisdom would be GREATLY appreciated! Thank you!

2. shiroh

shiroh Guest

i'd prefer to capture it with a lossless codec such as huffyuv and edit/filter the noise and then encode.

its much a hassle and time consuming, but its kinda hobby.

3. 6kids

6kids Member

Would a person without a lot of computer literacy be able to do that? If so, how would I begin?
    Thanks, I appreciate your answer.