1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

to dpp moderator, hope you can help please

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by cphicks, Feb 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cphicks

cphicks Regular member

hi mate sorry if this in the wrong forum, not sure what one to put it in. ok this is where we left off, my brother has hes pc set up as a raid system, then he took both drives out and put a new 300gb one in,we just put windows xp back on but at the start, just after the post test, we keep getting this come up detecting / then a message saying wont load or install bios because cant find hard drive, so we went on the comos screen and this is where you got back to me to set it up as follows its a GA-7VAXP.ULTRA motherboard, the set up you said try was sata/raid/scusi you said set it up on scusi, then you gave me a second line which was rais/scusi then first boot-floppy second cdrom, third hdd-0 the only problem with that set up is we have not got the second choice raid/scusi thats not on the screen, we tried that tho but it keeps coming up with the detecting / sign and then the message cant load bios because cant detect no hard drives?? now we looked in the set up and there it is on the screen? it seems to be looking for the raid still but we have changed the setting to what you said, could there be a setting on the motherboard, a switch or something, any ideas my friend, i hope you can help as im at this stage now, i have windows xp on but cant seem to changes that message about bios and hard drive thank you chris

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

closed due to multi-posting

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.