1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

to dumb to build a computer so needs help picking one.

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by rks, Oct 10, 2004.

1. rks

rks Member

my sis and I think its time to buy a new computer. the current one we have right now was brought in 1998. spent over a $1500 for it. pretty pissed off about that. now its a piece of junk

were both college students and dont have a lot of money to spend. looking for a computer priced from $500-$600. i seen many computers on the web priced around $500 but im just not sure which to get. plus i have trouble trusting the companies.

yeah i know that $500 is limiting but i think i can still use my old monitor.

we use to computer mostly for school work, internet. but i do like to play games occasionally. big fan of the sims and love playing adventure action types of games.

any advice on which computer to buy would be greatly appreciated.

oh yeah someone suggested i use cyberpower system but i been doing some reading on them and people dont really seemed to be that satisfied with there services. so i dont know if there good or bad

Last edited: Oct 10, 2004
  2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Hi rks, Check out the DELL web site. I think they are advertising on TV a complete system for $499. Its probably not the fastest on the market right now but for that price they are a good company you can trust. Might want to look at Gateway also. Not sure how their pricing is at this time.

Jerry

3. SirFrench

SirFrench Member

For that kind of money you may be better off building your own system (assuming you still have the old one to scavange from)

4. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Building a system is probably the best way to go, but he didn't state thats what he was looking for. I assumed they wanted a complete system ready to go with good support and warranty. Second thing is if they start building a system using parts from the old system and something goes wrong, they don't have a backup to run.
    Thats not a good way to learn how to build a computer first time.

Jerry