1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

To MOD, forum could use a new board

Discussion in 'AfterDawn feedback & suggestions' started by wolfdogg, Jul 30, 2010.

1. wolfdogg

wolfdogg Member

hello,

i was coming here to make another post, and noticed that there is no real clear cut board to enter to start my conversation. Yet, this subject is well within the confines of afterdawn forums because ive been reading here for years. Thanks for all the good service and tutorials i might add. :)

This forum might fare well with a primary board for for 'Codecs and File Type Conversion', which doesn't just fall under the 'Digital Video' category. This way there can be many sub categories to keep that broad subject easily managed and sought after. It would be nice to have a place to discuss only converting audio and video to different formats, mounting and authoring to various media, and hacking the stream (re-encoding audio and video).

Im talkin about a place where we can discuss HuffYuv, mpeg-4 compression, and 3g2 to mp3 all in the same board. :p

If there is such a board please point me that direction ;

Last edited: Jul 30, 2010
  2. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

mpeg 1 mpeg 2 converting

3. wolfdogg

wolfdogg Member

well, that covers only a small percentage of what i was referring to, and is a very narrow subject. i cant see how the mainstream would look there to talk about encoding a HuffYuv video into a MPEG-4 video for example. Or for adding some audio compression on top of that, etc...

4. tnt1125

tnt1125 Member

General video discussion
    Comments, questions, ideas and suggestions that don't fit nicely to other video forums.

5. wolfdogg

wolfdogg Member

ok, that sounds like a good one. but not to be pushy here, but most of my video contains audio. so i guess when i have audio questions pertaining to video, i will direct my audio question in the video, lol.

Either that or there should be a board that contains video and audio together like i mentioned in my first post. does anybody else see a need for this? i just hate to post stuff and hope for an answer sooner or later, or have someone tell me i posted in the wrong section.

actually more importantly, i like to feel im in the middle of other intellects that are experts on teh subject, thats why its just more comfortable lurking, and posting in a board where you feel others are involved in the exact same forefront.

6. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

moved to correct forum as not a news issue. we mods cannot make a forum only site admin can.