1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

To obtain Best DivX movie using DVDx 2.2....Resolution options and codec

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Arroww, Oct 8, 2003.

1. Arroww

Arroww Member

Hi to everyone! I use DVDx 2.2 with the following values: INPUT:Decss Aspi On,Demacrovision On,key search:every VOB,Original Colour,iDCT 3dnow+(I have an Athlon xp2000+)OUTPUT: Export settings Resolution 704x576,zoom medium 4/3,High definition profile) with the 5.05 codec. I downloaded the new 5.10 codec (gator free!) and with the same values the quality decrases....(Of course I set the same bitrate) Why? What can I do? I've also tried to do the multipass encode with the values written in the guide,but the quality was still no good as using 5.05 quality (and the encoding time was very very long!)

Another question...In what way can I find the best export resolution? Up till now I use 704x576 with 16/9 movie and 352x288 with 4/3 movie,because the quality decreases if I use 704x576 with 4/3 movie,but it's strange...Why?

2. Yuriv

Yuriv Regular member

Try posting this message in the DivX forum...you are more likely to get a response there....

3. Arroww

Arroww Member

Ok,I'm going to do! Thanks