1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

To Patch, or not to Patch. That is the question.

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by insaneiam, Apr 1, 2005.

1. BR7

BR7 Regular member

That would be everyones best bet to avoid erronious patching.

Ever since I updated to the newest BIOS for my chip and got rid of the crappy EvoX dash, I haven't needed to patch anything nor have I made coasters.

This post belongs with my second post in this thread cause when I made like 15 coasters in a row, thats when I made the BIOS and dash switch. (probably the BIOS helped more than the dash, but EvoX sucks anyways and had to go too :p )

2. showan

showan Regular member

Why does Evox suck? I haven't had any problems with it? I guess I don't get into the real hardcore details about my xbox to give a sh*t which dashboard I use. I am able to make backups and play games fine. I'm able to watch movies without problems. The only thing that sucks about my xbox is that I am still using the original hard drive. I would love to get a larger one so I could just put games on the hard drive. They would run much faster. Other than that my xbox is very reliable and doesn't cause me any stress.

3. modster

modster Regular member

good point showan. the main purpose of all this modchip and dashbaord is to be able to play backups and games on hard drive; thus saving the wear and tear on the laser and protect the original copies of the games.

Make it simply, stick with the simply thing that works.

I've seen where many people put skins and all sort of great enhancements on their xbox after the modchip installed and dashboard replaced. why?

will the xbox with all the enhancements run faster then mine?

but hey, people are entitled to do whatever they want since they purchased their xbox.

my point is keep it simple and it will work for a long long time.

chow

Last edited: Apr 5, 2005