1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

to Praetor

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by synokxt2, Apr 18, 2004.

1. synokxt2

synokxt2 Member

this is about the topic "i can´t repair a 3.5 gigas image", in which u or another person have banned me from the site because i mentioned piracy...

first of all i never mentioned piracy!it was a guy called "cdneger" that brought this up.i just used the word "downloaded".maybe i shouldn´t have used that word, but that doesn´t always refers to piracy.

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Really? Here's from your other thread:

Joining under a new nick isn't going to get you far. I've notified the mods of this thread. Seeya.

3. synokxt2

synokxt2 Member

ei man what did u want me to say?that guy "cdneger" brought this up.he was the one u said it was piracy.i said the truth.i could have lied...but it wasn´t me u refered to piracy.i just said "downloaded"!!

and ban me if u want to!

4. synokxt2

synokxt2 Member

and if banning me makes u happy why don´t u ban me throught ip?

and one more thing:do u think that everybody in this forum follow the rules and don´t use this forum for piracy???what about the section about the p2p programs??do u think they download what they already have in original cds???lol...

its like me.i downloaded the dvd version of unreal but i needed help so i came here.i didn´t mention piracy until "cdneger" mentioned it.and what about the sections refering to movies and movie conversion??i bet that MaNy ppl use it for piracy....

Last edited: Apr 18, 2004
  5. Nephilim

Blah blah blah blah blah

6. synokxt2

synokxt2 Member

Blah blah blah blah blah???

that´s all u have to say???thought so.....

7. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

1. I banned you for being a smartass essentially and for flagrant disregard of rules.
    2. If you stopped and thought before you fired off your mouth, banning by IP doesnt for for damn near 90% of people on this plannet due to a pretty little thing called Dynamic IP
    3. Nothing wrong with repairing a 3.5G image (or not being able to either).... but tell me this... wouldnt it be easier to reextract the DVD image from the original disc that you own? Id certainly help you out if you have problems there.
    4. Yes I understand that a good number of people pirate and such but the thing is... do whatever you want -- just dont *talk* about it here.

5. You make an very valid point -- perhaps it might have been better to lie; that way nobody would accuse you of piracy, you'd get ur answer and everyone would be happy. With regarding to "downloading", see Point 3.

6. To be honest, if you *did* pirate the bloody game, I prolly wouldnt have cared so much at all -- because you're right, a lot of it does go on. It was the comment:
    Honest! Lots of users who prolly pirate, come by asking for help and they push the "antipiracy rule" a little too far and we give them a subtle warning and they go and edit their posts and get their help -- everyone is happy and no rules are broken.
    7. Perhaps this could have been resolved via a PM or in the Safety Valve?

8. Nephilim, play nice: he's not done anything to deserve a banning (other than minor venting which is perfectly ok, but would prolly been better in Safety Valve).

8. synokxt2

synokxt2 Member

ok.i got your point.i shouldn´t have made that comment"lol yeah i know its piracy.so what?....big deal.." but i was pissed off because i didn´t talk or refered to piracy.it was "cdneger" who did it.i just wanted help.he had nothing to do with it.i asked for help and instead of helping me or try to he brought the issue about piracy up.and ok ill start to lie instead of telling the truth when it comes to piracy.but what got me pissed off was that guy that instead of helping me he starts talking about piracy.if anyone should give me a warning it would be a moderator(you or shoey for example).and i think it wasn´t right to ban me so suddenly.u could have given me a warning and i wouldn´t have talked about it again....

i came to this forum because i really liked it.it has a lot of information.so i tried to get help here.and shoey helped me...

and about banning:u don´t need to ban me.if you don´t want me here just say it and i won´t come back.u don´t even have to ban me...

9. Vular

Vular Member

Hmmm, lots of conflict in this thread, lol.

10. Praetor

I'm glad you see my point however if you step back for a second and look at this whole "incident" from a more-openminded/third party kinda perspective, AD is a community which discusses video, filesharing, audio, cds, dvds, etc. With a 95000+ user database and a shitload of posts going up every day and such, discussion of piracy can potentially lead to some pretty messy things as far as logistics and legalities go which is why the rules are setup the way they are.

There ARE instances where we do legitimately need to know what a person is trying to backup (i.e., when they need help with backing up a certain game); however there are a lot of instances of people with questions like "I just downloaded <this game>... how do i get it to work". Please understand that AD is not for that kinda purpose. If you read your original post again, you will see that it falls more under the latter case which I imagine is why cdneger called you out for it. If you look at his response,
    From my perspective, it doesnt seem to be a hostile-type statement but rather a small reminder. Even when you replied my post:
    That's prolly boarderline but I'd let that kinda stuff slide but as you have aptly noticed the next response wasnt so kewl which was why I deactivated you.

Well there is damn near a zero-tolerance for piracy :p

Again about my point about AD being a community and such: we are all here to help each other and share info etc rather than to discuss piracy and such. Even though i go through ~400 posts a day, I cant get them all and we all need to work together to keep AD alive, informative, cheerful -- and legal :p

I sincerely hope you stick around and join in on the discussions. :D

Well im glad that you are mature enough to say that -- unfortunately most of the type of people who come around with the piracy-type discussions are not so ... how shall we say.... charming? (and in all fairness, there was the "rules page" which pops up before you post)

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaanywho, I hope we can all ease off on each other and move on. Im sure we can all get along.

11. synokxt2

synokxt2 Member

yeah i admit that i shouldn´t have said some things.my apologies to everyone.i hope, and like u said, that we can forget this shit and move on and try to make this forum even better...

12. Nephilim

A very worthy endeavor :)

13. synokxt2

synokxt2 Member

14. Praetor

Glad I could bring this to a clean and pretty end. Ok now that that's settled, who needs a hostage negotiator? :p