1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

to uniique1, xbox to laptop via av input

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by Bobisnew, Sep 2, 2005.

1. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

LMAO...I tok a minute before I made that last post. But then I thought maybe cable you can set up a wireless cable network in your home or something like awireless router does with the internet. You got ME.

Buy a cable splitter (splicer) and you'll be find. A -Y- that takes that one cable connection and turns it into two. Then run the extra line you just made into the adapter. VIOLA!!

Again, good one J-Kwon you had me going...I even showed it to my wife and she said "That looks like the ting my grandma used to have!! Anyway, goodluck...let me know if you have issues and make sure the adapter you get comes with software. Later

**edit Or has some available for download.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2005
  2. J-Kwon

J-Kwon Regular member

I'm confuzed again Uniique, Do i have to go through a wireless connection to get tele, here I will make a quick pik to show what i would like to do, could you tell me if it's possible. Ta, hehe I had to go up my ladders to get a good picture of that lol

3. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

No you don't have to go thru the wireless at all...as a matter of fact you can't. I'm sorry if that confused you. I'll wait for your pic.

4. J-Kwon

J-Kwon Regular member

Here we go,

[​IMG]

5. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

Yes, that will work.Man, that was scary at first site but I believe you will be fine. Mine is the exact same was on my Desktop but instead of the satellite, the cable line going to my modem is spliced and the second line goes to my TV Card.

6. J-Kwon

J-Kwon Regular member

cable line, do I have to put a cable line in then? Man i know nothing about dis stuff

7. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

O.k., let me just confirm if you are getting an internal TV Card or an external PCTV card?

8. J-Kwon

J-Kwon Regular member

internal TV Card, one that fits into a PCI slot :p

9. J-Kwon

J-Kwon Regular member

10. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

O.k. Not trying to confuse you it's just that earlier you asked about the PCTV USB type (external) that's all.

Now, you want the antenna to be the source or should I say it will be the source of your cable TV. Now, as long as the device on the other end of your cable connection opposite the TV Card can supply cable, the set up you want will work.

Like I said before though, not too sure about the satellite thing but if you have at least one cable outlet, regular cable, you can use a splitter and Y off that connection. One would go to the TV and the other to your PC.

11. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

Just saw the link. That is the exact maker of the one I have but I believe mine is a 250 model. Good Choice

12. J-Kwon

J-Kwon Regular member

When i get one their probably be instructions with it anyway, I'll let you know how i get on, But atm I have another ongoing I have just splashed out aload of cash on Cubase SX 3. I still don't really understand. I have a standalone tele in this room using a portable aerial, No other cables going into it would it be possible for me to the same thing to recieve Basic channels 1,2,3,4,5 not sky and such. Basically would it work if I put an 'portable' aerial into the aerial space on the PC channel, Or do I have to have some kind of other cable going into it. I'm such a noob with this sort of stuff. Thanks

13. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

I don't wanna say too much to frustrate you but I don't wanna hole back either cause you might feel I'm leaving you hanging.

I'm assuming you know what type of cable coaxial I'm talking about right. The one that goes with the cable I posted earlier.

Well, if you have that type of cable in your house, yes, it will work.

}}}---> To the back of your TV
    Cable Outlet-}}
    }}}---> To your TV Video Card
    Splitter

Cable Outlet
    [​IMG]

Splitter
    [​IMG]

The cable would go from the splitter your TV and the other to your PC

NOW...THE ANTENNA YOU'RE TRY TO USE MAY WORK. if the Hauppage card you get reads it. And I'm thinking it should it it has the right connection to go to the cable connection on the card. It's the same concept if you hook it thru a TV so yeah, you should be fine.

I hope that help clears up a little bit of what I know and helps you picture your "situation". :)

14. J-Kwon

J-Kwon Regular member

I think I already have a Splitter for sky, so how do i go about getting another, putting another splitter into the splitter or can you get three way splitters?

I wouldn't need the antenna if I got a cable running from the Cable outlet, would I?

15. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

[bold]EXACTLY, COULD NOT HAVE SAID IT BETTER MYSELF[/bold]

And yes my friend, they do sell 3-Way Splitters. Do that and you've got yourself Cable TV on the PC. The software for the program will do an initial setup once installed. It will scan your cable for all the channels. Just like most TVs on the first hook up. Now you've got it.

But you will learn and you will learn soon... ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2005
  16. J-Kwon

J-Kwon Regular member

So i would have sky on my PC? I have sky on my normal tele so would that mean i would get it on my PC? Thanks

17. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

If you connect the cable of your house to your PC...you will have whatever service it is you pay for. Only then, you'll be able to record TV, create VCDs, DvDs, etc...

18. J-Kwon

J-Kwon Regular member

mmmm I'm confuzed agian! what sort of cable telephone? ehternet?

19. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

The cable of your cable TV

20. J-Kwon

J-Kwon Regular member

okay Thanks It will all come together when i get one :p