1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

to update pioneer firmware or not

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Laura_e, May 4, 2005.

1. Laura_e

Laura_e Member

I have a pioneer dvr 108 firmware 1.06. My OS is windows 2000. My question is whether to update my firmware to the new pioneer 108 version 1.19/1.20. I am not having any problems with my burner and am in two minds as to update or not. I have heard a lot of horror stories after people have upgraded which makes me a bit cautious. But then again I do want to get the best out of my burner. Has anyone else upgraded their firmware for the pioneer 108 to v 1.19 or 1.20, and if so was it successful or did it cause trouble. I have been told that once you have upgraded then you can't go back to the previous firmware so would like others opinions / experiences on this before I decide.

Thanks!

2. spacedust

spacedust Regular member

Im sure you have heard the saying if it's not broke then don't fix it.

Good Luck

Spacedust

3. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

this is the best option!

depends on drives! for firmware to go backwards thet are all different! usaully hack firmware tools allow this!

my drives have hacked firmwares, but i dont mind if i kill my drives!

its very easy to do! kill a drive that is

4. Laura_e

Laura_e Member

Thanks! At this stage I think I will just let it be then.

5. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Here is a good site to check out firmware and possible problems. I also have hacked my Pioneer 106D for better rip speeds. As Rotary stated I don't worry too much about killing a drive. I've been waiting for this one to die so I have an excuse to upgrade to dual layer. No big deal either way. This link should give you all the info you may want on firmware.

http://www.rpc1.com.

Good luck.

Jerry