1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toast 6 Lite - Desktop files

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by PADavey, Jan 31, 2005.

1. PADavey

PADavey Member

I have been trying for over a week to create a copy of a DVD. I have successfully ripped (MacTheRipper) and compressed (DVD2one) the disk but have been unable to successfully burn a copy. I purchased a LaCie DVD burner which came with Toast 6 Lite and don't really want to pay the $70 for Titanium. I tried using the Video tab, which spent 3 days encoding my 3Gb vioeo_TS folder to over 7Gb hence it would not fit on a single layer disk. When I use the data tab the only options i get are to create MAC ONLY or PC/MAC discs. If i select PC/MAC then the disc is burnt in around 6 mins but 2 DESKTOP files get created which seem to render the disk unreadable in my DVD player. These files are created by Toast and I do not get the chance to remove them before the disk is burnt - PLEASE HELP - I'm pulling my hair out.

Thanx

Paul

2. Whitfield

Whitfield Regular member

Paul-- Why don't you just use DVD Decryptor to copy the disk--It is free--If the disk is already less than 4.3GB then you don't even have to Shrink it--But, if you want to start from scratch--download DVD Shrink as well(also free)--after downloading the programs, go to the guides to learn how to use them--not too hard at all--if you have trouble, come back and someone will help you--Good Luck

Roger

3. Whitfield

Whitfield Regular member

Oh--Forgot to tell you--the programs are available right here under the software tab

4. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Hi PADavey, I'm not a MAC user so I don't know how much these suggestions will be. If you think removing those 2 files will help maybe try this. Burn to a RW disc, then use whatever file management program you have on the MAC to delete the 2 files. A MAC program that works like Windows Explorer may do the job. Like I said this is just a suggestion. Don't know if it will work or not.

Jerry

5. Whitfield

Whitfield Regular member

Sorry Paul--I should have relized you were using a MAC--Try Jerry 746's advice

6. PADavey

PADavey Member

Thanks for trying. Unfortunately I have a stack of DVD-R discs I should use. I have downloaded several free DVD burning software packages but these all use the internal drive - not my dvd writer that is connected via firewire. I'm sure there is an answer out there it is just looking more and more like I have to fork out another $70 for the full version of Toast Titanium - which is a bit of a con when LaCie ship the writer with a version of the software that won't actually do a lot.

7. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

The suggestion with RW was just to get it straightened out. Once you get it to play just do a straight disc copy from the RW to the R disc for the final copy. Then re-use the RW again if needed.

Jerry