1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toast 6 long time to burn ( AVI to DVD ) then quits - HELP! Toast 6 long time to burn ( AVI to DVD ) then quits - HELP!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by gilesy, Dec 12, 2004.

1. gilesy

gilesy Member

My problem
    I want to burn an AVI file to dvd to watch on my tv.
    I used ffmpegx to convert the AVI file. I used the DVDmpeg2enc preset and clicked off Altivec under options as I am using a MAC G3. This process took about a day to complete!
    This is what I got
    .ac3 file
    .m2v file
    .mpg file
    and a folder containing an
    Audio_TS folder (empty)
    Video_TS folder containing 2 .bup, 2 .ifo and 4 .vob files.
    From what I've understood, I should burn my files in toast 6 under the data tab and select DVD-ROM (UDF). I'm using an external dual layer dvd burner.
    The problem is that toast gets stuck during the 'writing lead-in'. After about 45 mins it gives me an error and then goes to 'writing out'.
    I've tried burning under the video tab with the same results.

What gives?

Also I've tried dragging the AVI file directly onto toast but it says the file is too large for the disc. Is there a way of shrinking an AVI file so that I can burn to a 4.7 gig disc?
    I've been working on this problem for days now and have burnt a lot of coasters.
    Can somebody help me please?!
    Thanks in advance.
    Gilesy

2. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

If you have the Audio_TS and Vido_TS folders, then why not try to play the movie first to see if the conversion has been successul? If yes, then try using another software (e.g. Nero) for the final burning.
    BTW, one day for the conversion appears too long. Try use another video converter (e.g. DVDSanta).
    Good luck!

3. Discmania

Discmania Active member

4. gilesy

gilesy Member

Thanks for the suggestions but I'm on a mac not a pc.
    I'll preview the TS folder and see if it works, then I guess I'll take it from there.