1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toast 8 problems with MTR Folders

Discussion in 'Mac - General discussion' started by mcycle, Nov 7, 2007.

1. mcycle

mcycle Member

Can anyone tell me why I cannot drop the folder from a Mac The Ripper VIDEO_TS file into Toast 8? I keep the the message that it is not a valid foder?

2. trigga71

trigga71 Regular member

have you tried to browse for it instead of drag and drop? I had that problem before with FastDVD Copy, I guess the compression does something toast dont like some times.

3. mcycle

mcycle Member

Yes i did try to browse with the same results. Unfortunately it doesn't explain why the folder is no good. it just leaves me hanging? Do i need to compress it? I thought Toast handled the compression for you?

4. david456

david456 Regular member

Hello, mcycle:

First, try playing the VIDEO_TS folder on your hard drive with Apple's DVD player. If you can play the folder with Apple's DVD player, then it is a valid VIDEO_TS folder.

Also - often, running the VIDEO_TS folder through DVD2oneX2 will solve the problem you mention.

Cheers

5. david456

david456 Regular member

Let me also add that you do not need to compress the VIDEO_TS folder with DVD2oneX2, just run it through.

6. mcycle

mcycle Member

What the heck did i buy Toast for if I can't use it to compress and burn VIDEO_TS folders. I keep getting the same message: VIDEO_TS folder cannot be compressed

7. david456

david456 Regular member

You CAN use Toast to compress and burn VIDEO_TS folders.

First use Apple DVD Player to play the VIDEO_TS folder form your hard drive. If Apple DVD Player can play the VIDEO_TS folder, then your folder is valid; if not, then there is a problem with the VIDEO_TS folder. Try running the VIDEO_TS folder through DVD2oneX2 (with or without compression) and then burning the resulting VIDEO_TS folder with Toast using the Data -> DVD-ROM (UDF) option.