1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TOCA 2 Backup Problem

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by RamRabbit, Dec 2, 2004.

1. RamRabbit

RamRabbit Member

Has anyone come across the problem where backing up TOCA2 to HDD on the Xbox fails because of a file where the name is too long. Is there a way around this or can these games not be backed up successfully? I've tried using boxplorer, xboxcopy, and "Xbox-DVD -> PC -> Xbox-HDD" without success. Has anyone noticed this with other games?

2. scottas

scottas Guest

When you get it to the pc, use quix or craxtion to make an iso first. Then either load the iso in quix and ftp it or burn it to disk and then use dvd2xbox or complex tools to put it onto the hdd. You might want to give dvd2xbox and complex tools a shot first from the original, they usually fix the filename problem.

3. RamRabbit

RamRabbit Member

Cheers Scottas! After some more messing about with xbox yesterday, I eventually settled on dvd2xbox and xbox media centre as applications of choice. Both excellent bits of software which both look good, are easy to use, and solved all my backup problems and more!