1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Too Big

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by Refrusloi, Sep 13, 2004.

1. Refrusloi

Refrusloi Member

I hope this is the right forum. i kept reading the descriptions and they pretty much all say no vcd here.. lol, so its hard to know where to post.

anyways.. i started using this vcd to burn some surf movies... and it worked on about 3 of them. but the 4th one while it was burning it said it was too big and needed another disc. but when i put in the other disc and closed the drive, it would just keep ejecting it

what am i supposed to do when the movie is too big for one disk? shouldnt i just have to put anjother in? why didnt it work when i did it?

thx in advance

2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

Encode the large VIDEO.MPG into two, smaller files: VIDEO_CD1.MPG or VIDEO_CD2.MPG using Settings --> Advanced --> Select Range selecting Start/End frame: 0/F for the first one and F+1/END (-1 puts it at the correct anding frame) for the second one.

You can also use File ---> MPEG Tools and de-multiplex it, but I prefere to encode it with TMPGenc (PAL/NTSC...).

3. Refrusloi

Refrusloi Member

huh? im using nero. i dont see where to go. theres no settings in the vcd area in startsmat

4. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

Last edited: Sep 15, 2004
  5. Refrusloi

Refrusloi Member

TMPEG said its too big? i dont understand this software?

6. Refrusloi

Refrusloi Member

7. Refrusloi

Refrusloi Member

8. shiroh

shiroh Guest

the file is too big cause the audio is in vbr, which confuses tmpgenc. demux and encode using headac3he.
    or decode to wav. careful on how you decode. if you're using virtualdub, it might ask you if you want to rewrite it to cbr, don't do that, it will mess up.

basically try to see it first before encoding.