1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Too bright in animation avi

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by Moesbie, Nov 13, 2004.

1. Moesbie

Moesbie Member

Most animation avi I watch end up being too bright. I use Media Player Classic. If I open a second instance of MPC the second window's brightness looks better, but plays choppy. I have a 1.4GHz CPU, onboard video. I only have Xvid installed.

I tried turning off all the built-in filters on MPC, didn't change anything. I tryed playing avis in WMP, same brightness.

Anyone know why it does this? and is there any way to fix it?

2. Moesbie

Moesbie Member

Ok, I used graphedit to see what was going on, it went from avi spliter to xvid to an overlay mixer 2, then to video renderer. So I unregistered qdvd.dll which seemed to be responsible for overlay mixer. Now the brightness is gone, but it's a little choppy when I pause.

Also now when I look at graphedit it shows that it goes from avi spliter to AVI Decompressor to video renderer.

Does that mean qdvd.dll was part of xvid? While it is working pretty good now, if anyone can think of a better solution I'd like to know.

3. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Wrong forum. Thread moved.