1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TOP XBOX GAMES

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by uji2b1k, Mar 8, 2005.

1. sonicbuzz

sonicbuzz Member

There are a lot of GREAT games out now for xbox. Halo, Project Gothem, Burnout3, MechWarrior 1, But one of the latest is DOOM 3.

Doom 3 is a classic 1st person shooter. One word summery: “ INTENSE”.

The controls are simple, The monsters (Creatures created when an experiment on mars goes bad) are UGLY, the game play is addicting, and the graphics and sound effects are right up there with the best of them. This game is a little gory but not as bad as Blood Rayne and there is an “artistic” aspect of the gore.

I like the way the quick save works. An easy “back button” press and accept with “A” and in about 3 seconds your back in the action. Use this to your advantage and use it frequently. Just don’t forget you have a “real” game save under the “start button” options that you can use (just in case you mess up and do a quick save instead of a load game like I did).

There are no map or direction indicators to guide you but they do a pretty good job with the use of locked doors (indicated with a red light) and unlocked doors (green). You also have to get data from PDA’s to gain access at certain times, but they are easy to find. You do have to keep track of where you have been, because you can get turned around.

Stereo and surround sound effects are good. If you have a good sound setup, you can hear sounds behind you or to the right and left as you turn away. It’s really cool when someone is talking to you. Very realistic. The other realistic effect is the flashlight. It comes in real handy to look in dark corners (and there are a lot of them) and it’s easy to access. The circle pattern, the circular rings and the small darker area in the center you see when you use a real flashlight are all there.

After about 5 hrs of game play, I feel like I am just getting started and I’m HOOKED.

Yea, a 3rd person view might be cool, but that is not what this game is about. Like I said before, DOOM3 is a classic 1st person shooter.

RUBUZZED?

2. FloppyG

FloppyG Member

I have heard nothing but positive for Doom 3. I cannot wait to get it. It looks amazing.

3. Doggy_Bot

Doggy_Bot Guest

Halo and Halo 2 are the BOMB!!! They have good storylines, they made a book about it, cool vehicles, cool characters, and M.C. is so COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. jayquik03

jayquik03 Regular member

When this post first started there were 2 games out that i hadnt played yet that I would like to add to this list.... Splintercell CT and doom 3 omg there hot!!!

5. tankpower

tankpower Regular member

I love Halo 1-2, Kotor, GTA, sports games, racing games, etc

But the most hardcore, well-made game on Xbox is without a doubt... Ninja Gaiden. This absolutely rapes action games on other systems, much like Halo with FPS games.

I totally understand that it's not for everyone, but people should at least try Ninja Gaiden. I rented it and got pounded by the first few levels, and didn't play it again for months. Then I bought it off a friend, got good, and have beaten it like 5 times (I hardly ever beat a game twice even).

It really is one of the best games ever.

6. shdwsfall

shdwsfall Regular member

Personally I think Lord of Kain: Defiance is better than halo1 or 2...go play it...NOW!

Splinter cell is good as well. I have heard good things about brothers in arms, but never played it.

Oh how I wish god of war was for the xbox :(

7. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

Yes OMG God Of War is unbelievable. Anyone who hasn't played this game is missing out. I only wish it had more boss battles.

8. sonicbuzz

sonicbuzz Member

wait until you see the "bosses" in Doom 3

Game update

After many hrs of game play and you just start to think, “Where is this going?” “Is something going to happen?” it happens BIG time. Delta area 4 brings two new monsters and the reward is a trip to hell. Then just when I thought DOOM3 was going to end too soon (like Halo2), surprise, there is more to come after hell2.

Does anyone know how much more there is?