1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tosh DR1 recorded DVD, reading on a PC

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by stilton, Jan 5, 2004.

1. stilton

stilton Guest

I have recorded a show on DVD-RAM on my DR1, I cannot view the content on my PC. Is it possible?

2. yuedana

yuedana Regular member

what is your dr1?
    does your computer have a dvd-ram drive.

some recording standalones do not save things in the standard dvd format that we are used to.

3. stilton

stilton Guest

Oops,

Toshiba DR1 not in a PC a standalone unit, records most formats of DVD's. I want to then edit the recorded files (say off the TV) and then burn a DVD-R so I can then watch the Rugby World cup. (I could output the DR1 to my digital video camera and then into my PC, but it would seem easier to just put the DVD-RAM into my PC (I am fairly sure my PC-DVD burner does work with DVD-RAM)....

4. yuedana

yuedana Regular member

what kind of dvd does your computer have. I bet it is not compatible with dvd-ram. you would probably know that.

Why not record from the dr1 to a dvd-r.

5. stilton

stilton Guest

f.y.i. Product Information Info:
    For versatility, look to the LG Super-Multi Drive. The GSA-4040B records data up to 4.7GB per side on DVD media and writes in all kinds of formats: DVD+R/+RW, DVD-R/-RW, DVD-RAM and CD-R/-RW. The Super-Multi also reads most DVD and CD formats, including DVD+R/+RW. This adds up to one Super versatile drive suitable for any application. Buffer Underrun Protection, Windows XP/2000/ME/98 compatibility and UltraDMA support ensure fast, reliable writing every time.

I must admit I have not tried to use a DVD-RAM yet on my PC will try this week and advise.