1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba D-VKR3SU DVD Recorder-VCR Combo Question

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by genx80s, May 3, 2012.

1. genx80s

genx80s Member

I bought a Toshiba D-VKR3SU DVD recorder VCR combo unit used. It came with the remote. However, the remote does not seem to work. The unit itself seems to work fine as far as playing DVDs and VHS tapes. For anyone that has this unit, is the remote necessary to be able to record DVDs? I attempted to record something to DVD from the TV. I put the DVD in, hit record and it said it was recording. When the show was over, I hit stop. Then, however, when I tried to play the DVD, it would not play. I put the DVD in my computer, and it treated it as a blank DVD. I assume that maybe there is some kind of DVD finalization process that you must do once you finish recording a DVD? I was hoping someone on here has the unit and could help me with what to do.

I searched for a free manual online but could not find one. I have found some to purchase for around $10 (which I plan to do eventually). I also have found the remote online for around $15. Before I purchase one, I was hoping to find out if I need one to record DVDs (which is the primary reason I bought this).

2. rulisky

rulisky Regular member

Can not speak for this specific unit, but the one I have will function with on unit or remote unit controls.

Try playing your recorded disc in the combo unit itself after recording. YES, the disc must be finalized to play in a stand alone unit.

Try contacting Toshiba Customer Support for questions regarding their equipment. They should know best!