1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TOSHIBA ODD-DVD SD-R6252

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by Levendi, Oct 20, 2004.

1. Levendi

Levendi Member

Just bought a new laptop that came with the toshiba odd-dvd sd-r6252 burner. It is a dvd+rw burner, which sucked cause I have a million -r discs, anyway went and bought some +r discs and tried to burn as normal but it wouldnt do it. Kept asking for a dvd+rw disc, which I dont want to use, too expensive. Why won't the dvd+r discs work? I tried Nero and Roxio. Am I doing something wrong? Shouldnt the +r discs work in a +rw burner?

Any help appreciated...

2. Levendi

Levendi Member

damn, did I post the above in the right forum? just to clarify, this is a dvd burner in my laptop, not a stand alone dvd recorder. Sorry if this is the wrong forum, still appreciate help though.

3. barefoot

barefoot Member

You are on the right board. I have an HP laptop with the Toshiba ODD-DVD SD-R6252. I spent several hours on the phone with HP Customer Care, and we concluded that we need to download special firmware to make our DVD burners work correctly. They tell me they are working to get this firmware out, but it's not available yet.

My issue is that I cannot use and DVD-R or CD-R. All +R's work great. Go figure

4. lis84

lis84 Member