1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba RD-XS55/RD-XS35

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by Capt57, May 19, 2007.

1. Capt57

Capt57 Guest

Does anyone own either of these recorders? I am interested in buying one and would like to know your experiences. I have a Panasonic DMR-E85h. I'd buy another one if I could find one!

2. mrbill2

mrbill2 Member

I have the toshiba rd-xs35. I have not played much with it. It a reliable recorder. More so than the dmr-e85h.

What is a little frustrating is that its slow to respond. You tell it to do something on the tv guide screen, it takes about 5 seconds for it to register. Its kind of funky to get it to do what you want it to do, but its not that far off the way the dmr-e85h works(I also have that).

But finding a rd-xs35 today will be hard(other than ebay). finding the rd-xs55 will be next to impossible.

If your looking for a very easy recorder, look for the toshiba rs-tx20/60. The basic tivo works great! The unit has no edit abilites, but the unit is just so reliable.

Last edited: May 26, 2007
  3. oldman124

oldman124 Member

I have the Toshiba xs35 I bought it on sale at Christmas and it was a return but got it at a good price. I wanted my husband to be able to record from the TV to DVD for the Grand children. The recorder will record TV shows and the PPV movies. He records them on Ram disc to put on DVD for the children. The disc will not make a DVD says it is copyrighted. Now is there a way around this. I know about the region code thing but what about this problem. I am trying to make a copy of a movie I purchase to watch and the children are not here so that they can watch it when they come and stay with me. Now that cannot be done. I have been so disapointed in this recorder for that reason. Is there a way around all this. i would love to use it for what it is for. It serves as a DVR for us except I cannot make the movies for the children.Thanks in advance for any help I have searched for an answer forever to this problem.