1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba satellite display giving problem

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by MRSIRCOOK, Sep 20, 2014.

1. MRSIRCOOK

MRSIRCOOK Regular member

Guys,

I have a Toshiba satellite l655d-s5093 laptop. I have had many screens come over my hand (all operational) that i have installed. But once i power up, i get no picture. Hooked up to an external lcd screen the computer boots and everything works. Heres the kicker, when i boot up, i see a brief blink of light, then when i leave it on for a while and i stand a good distance away from the monitor, i can see the screen on, but very darkly. I have to squint my eyes to see it.

Regards,

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

3. pcrepair

pcrepair Regular member

when you change your screen ensure you have no power and have removed the battery

4. Sonicsky

Sonicsky Member

Most LCD screens have a backlight already included with them, so if you have tried others, it sounds like the power inverter for the backlight (Chances are it might be separate from the LCD). It's called a LCD inverter board, they are usually long and skinny.

You wouldn't mind posting a picture of what the top of the motherboard of the laptop and a picture of the front and back of the original LCD screen, as well as a picture of the bezel that holds the LCD without the screen in. I ask because there is the possibility that this uses an LED backlight, and might not use an inverter board.