1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

total newbie and spider 1.1 chip

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by djswat69, Mar 9, 2005.

1. djswat69

djswat69 Member

hello all and great forum
    i finished installing the spderchip 1.1 in my xbox v1.6b and everything seems to be fine it boots to the screen where it asks me to flash. thsi might sound stupid but what do i do now i thought tihe chip came preflashed?
    thanks in advance

2. pacman33

pacman33 Guest

you have to get a bios and a dash board for your chip now. i would help you but im trying to find a bios and dash board also.
    Sorry,
    pacman33

3. modster

modster Regular member

ok, i am going to say this one more last time.. hehe

cough.. #xbins

4. pacman33

pacman33 Guest

i have been there. what do i do after i download the file. it says it is a rar file? do i just make a dummy file and put it on cd or do i need something to do something before that?

5. modster

modster Regular member

you need to use winrar and unzip the file. now the easiest way is to flash your bios through ftp. it takes about 30 seconds to flash.

when you unzip the file, you will see 2 files (X3 3029.bin and X3 3029 v16plus.bin) now put them in a folder on your pc.

when you boot up your xbox, if you are using Xecuter 3, then you have several options to flash your bios. choose the ftp flash method.

then enter the ip address of your pc where the file is located. remember X3 3029 v16plus.bin is for xbox version 1.6 and 1.6b. And X3 3029.bin is for xbox version 1.0 - 1.5.

after flashing the bios, you can then backup your original xbox hard drive c: and e:

then just ftp the evox over using flashfxp

Last edited: Mar 9, 2005
  6. modster

modster Regular member

you only have to create a dummy file if you are going to flash using the flash boot method. The dummy file is there because the xbox sometimes have problem read such a small file, so the dummy file is recommend around 100 meg or so.

and there is a program that can create this dummy file for you. you can find this program in the same place you did for the bios

Last edited: Mar 9, 2005
  7. mdsup

mdsup Guest

you need the m8_16plus bios

that is your only choice of bios for a 1.6 xbox

8. djswat69

djswat69 Member

that is the file i used in the beginning and now but it won't let me load slayer's auto installer from a dvd-r

9. mdsup

mdsup Guest

turn on your xbox put the slayer's disc in...turn your xbox off...turn your xbox on again, so the xbox boots to the slayer's disc rather than the hd...if it still won't boot the disc, you will have to try a different media brand...xbox dvd drives are very picky when it comes to burnt media.

10. pacman33

pacman33 Guest

ok forget the slayers and all. lol not that i have anything against it but there to complicated for me. but the winrar and extracting the files i get. lol i could do that. ok after i flash my bios is the evox the dashboard? or is that something else? oh and to back my old harddrive for my xbox up is that in case i ever want to use my old set up and all? and to back it up what do i do put it on my pc harddrive? oh and one more thing lol where do i get a program like winrar?

11. pacman33

pacman33 Guest

hey modster you are like a major help to me. lol im just saying thanks and all, cause i have never worked with rar files and all this new stuff. over the time you have been helping me i have learned so much crap. lol well anyways thanks,
    pacman33

12. pacman33

pacman33 Guest

ok i found winrar at download.com and am downloading it now. its called winrar 3.42 pop. well im going to try it and if it doesnt work ill ask you or someone else.
    thanks,
    pacman33