1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Touble Adding maps to mainmenu.map in Halo2

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by zachary89, Dec 3, 2006.

1. zachary89

zachary89 Member

I've been trying to play this mod all day

I patched it and everything, but I'm having a hard time adding it to the mainmenu.map file.

I've read a ton of tutorials and tried it every way, but it isn't working. I watched a video showing how to do it and followed the directions exact every time.

I can't even begin to list the many ways I've tried to add this...if anyone could help please do.

2. zachary89

zachary89 Member

nvm, this can be deleted or w/e

3. PAN5Y

PAN5Y Active member

im sorry dude its just that i dont know very much on modding maps and stuff dont get the wrong idea that im not trying to help i am but im not good at this sort of stuff.....

4. zachary89

zachary89 Member

doesn't matter lol, I got it to work right after I posted this. It was one of those things that make you think "Why the hell didn't I try that?"

5. PAN5Y

PAN5Y Active member

yea...i had many of those

6. zachary89

zachary89 Member

lol I was expecting something like that to happen the whole time

7. pwhite23

pwhite23 Regular member

What do you do? I been trying to put AI mods on a few maps now but I'm confused.

Wanna write me a miny tutorial on what ya did, starting from downloading to the end.

Thanks, could help a ton

Tryin for a while now, guess it's just somethin I can't do

8. zachary89

zachary89 Member

is it with a serenity patch?

9. pwhite23

pwhite23 Regular member

Yes. Got two of them, but after the one you showed me three.:) Got the containment one( your's), one called Hunters in zanzibar, and another one in colossus. But yes there all serenity patches.

10. zachary89

zachary89 Member

Well for the mod I linked to at the top, this is what I did.

1. I downloaded the patch from halomods and unrared it.

2. I ftped the containment.map and mainmenu.map files and put them in a folder with the patch. Make a backup of mainmenu.map and put it somewhere safe.

3. I opened up Serenity and clicked the "Setup" button at the top.

4. Then where it says Map Folder there is a button with "..." click that and point it to the folder where your maps and patch are.

5. Then click the tab at the top that says "Main Menu" and if the check box next to "Use Main Menu" isn't checked, then check it.

6. Now click the tab that says "Apply" and click the "..." button next to the "Patch:" box then point it to the patch and it will fill in the rest.

7. now just hit "Apply Patch" at the bottom and when it is done it will say "complete" in the bottom left corner. Now just ftp war.map and mainmenu.map to you halo2 maps folder on your Xbox.

8. You have to have the Yelo (I think that's how it is spelled) trainer and the Xored Mini Launcher. You'll find the links to those on the link at the top. You'll put the Xored Mini Launcher in your apps and the Yalo trainer in the trainers file. There is also a file with the trainer that you'll need to put in some other place, it comes with a readme and it will tell you where to put it.

9. You need to run the Xored Mini Launcher and find halo 2 then find the yelo trainer. I recommend that you enable the AI toggle option only. Press start and it will load the game… now just start playing.

For the Containment AI map thing you have to have it set on teams and good guys are yellow and bad guys are green.

For the other serenity patches, it’s pretty much the same thing, instead of containment use whatever map the mod calls for.

11. pwhite23

pwhite23 Regular member

K thanks,
    try it tommrow got to go to bed right now.

12. gfro1234

gfro1234 Member

hey zachary,nice tut but when i tried it every time i tried to start game on it the screen would go black for a second then just bring me back to the pregame lobby. any idea why?

13. zachary89

zachary89 Member

hmm...not too sure, it's never happened to me before. You could try asking at the halomods.com forums, they could probably help you.

14. gfro1234

gfro1234 Member

woohoo i finally got it! thanks everybody

15. xXTTXx

xXTTXx Member

yea it works for me to but how exatly can you add maps to the main menu that are in the $C fodler in the 64 folder in TDATA i would like the know the dirrectory because i dont want to go from loading the multiplayer maps form the map pack to using it in the main cd you know what i mean instead of usinf shared/map/lockout/lockout
    you could use tdata\4b000064\$C\1000001164\Containment

you cetching me at this thouse dir's arent exactly what the folders are call so it's just an example

16. mega3080

mega3080 Guest

CAn u plz say what you did. I to get the black screen so plz help me sombody.

17. DeadRain

DeadRain Regular member

Damn, thanks for that, i wanted some AI mods ;)

18. mega3080

mega3080 Guest

Hey can YOU tell me what to do when I get the black screen. PLz I need help.

19. DeadRain

DeadRain Regular member

20. mega3080

mega3080 Guest

Any one maybe you. I need help with this. When ever i start the map it goes blackfor a sec and sas there is something wrong with the content you downloaded. I did it all rigth i used disable AU and AI MP I apllied the map to the main menu and resigned the map but nutin will work.