1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Track names lost when burnt

Discussion in 'Audio' started by Answer28, Jan 8, 2007.

1. Answer28

Answer28 Member

Hey guys, i hope you can help with this problem I'm having. I've lately wanted to burn audio-cds. I use Nero Burning Rom 6.6.0.8 However, when i burn them i can see the full names, after the cd is completed, i pop it back into the drive and all i get is Track - 01 , Track - 02 and so on. No names ever show up, ive tried google and couldn't find an answer, i hope someone can direct me to the correct software or a setting i need to change because as of now im absouletly stumped on this problem.

Also, is there a way to add Album Cover details, like pictures so when it loads it uses that icon? This isn't essential but would be nice to have, thanks alot for any help anyone can contribute.

Peace
    --Answer28

2. janrocks

janrocks Guest

You can make what is called an "enhanced" cd, with album art and a track listing.. These are often not compatable with standard cd players.
    To keep the track titles you can only burn an mp3 disk, which will hold a lot more music, but isn't a regular audio cd.

3. Answer28

Answer28 Member

Thanks janrocks, what you're saying is, it isnt possible unless i make an "enhanced" cd and even then it has a good chance of not working, then how do record companies do them?

4. janrocks

janrocks Guest

They print them, which is a different matter. Nero has an option to make an enhanced cd. Give it a go and see what happens. I don't do them because I have no use for it, and my burning app doesn't have the feature.
    I have a Madness enhanced cd with a video and a lot of pictures on it which doesn't play in my cd player, so even the record companies don't always get it right.

5. OshVegas

OshVegas Member

I think what you're looking for is CD Text support, where media players on your computer and some stand alone players will show the song title and artist when the song plays. I thought Nero did do CD Text when burning, but I think your burner must also support CD Text, I'm not exactly sure how to find out if your burner supports it, maybe someone else could help you there. I think the newest version of iTunes supports CD Text burning, but you have to enable it in the CD burning options.
    Hope this helps.

6. undine

undine Regular member

7. Answer28

Answer28 Member

Thanks to all of you firstly. I tried that app undine however i had no luck with it, it still did the same. Im currently searching on how to find out if my cd dvd burner supports cd-text. Its fairly new, a Pioneer DVR-109. Im currently acquiring iTunes, but i have no idea how to change the setting for cd-text on there as ive never used it. thanks alot again.